Voice Mail to Email notification Email Text change

Where and how can I change the email text of the voice mail to email notification in FreePBX 13?
In vm admin, there is a field “email body”. Now would anything I put in there override the default text or be in addition to it?

Would be nice if that field had the default text in it.

Where is the file that contains the default email body?

http://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FPG/Voicemail+Notification-Admin+Guide#VoicemailNotification-AdminGuide-EmailBody

Go to Settings > Voicemail Admin > Settings > emailbody field

Put whatever you want in that field. For example:
${VM_NAME},\n\nThere is a new voicemail in mailbox ${VM_MAILBOX}:\n\n\tFrom:\t${VM_CALLERID}\n\tLength:\t${VM_DUR} seconds\n\tDate:\t${VM_DATE}\n\nDial *98 to access your voicemail by phone.\nVisit the UCP to check your voicemail with a web browser.\n

I put my text in the email body field. That works.
A disclaimer is attached to the email as well.
How do I change or remove that?

In Applications=>Extension=Extension Number=>Voicemail

Enabled=Yes
Email Attachment= Yes or No

By disclaimer I mean this text that gets added to the voice mail notification email, regardless of what text I have set in the email body:

--Asterisk

This e-mail (including any attachments) is intended only for the use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of it (including any attachments), or taking any actions based on it, is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail, delete the original, and destroy any copies or printouts. Thank you. em-tr-v1-2016

How do I change or remove this?

That is almost certainly added by your mail server/service, not FreePBX.

1 Like

I’m going to guess that your mail server is adding the file. The signature at the end almost certainly stands for “Email Trailer Version 1 c 2016”

1 Like