Voice Mail Notification

Hi everyone and thanks in advance for your assistance.

Question: When a new voice mail arrives my client wants to be called on his cell so he can input his passcode and then listen to the voice mail message. How might this be accomplished please? He is also getting e-mail and sms notification but also requires this feature.

Thank you,

Tom Baur

Darn, I thought that was the case. Appreciate you taking the time to answer my question.

Sorry, but that’s not something that FreePBX can do. However if you are a programmer you might be able to get something working. In that case, I think you are going to want to add an externnotify (Google it) line to /etc/asterisk/vm_general.inc (NOT voicemail.conf in FreePBX). For making the call out see http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+auto-dial+out

The idea would be that you use externnotify to execute a script which would then in turn generate the outgoing call. Tip: Do a Google Search for “VM outcall” (include the quotes" and/or "“Voicemail outcall”

Sorry if this is not the least bit helpful, but I thought that rather than say it can’t be done I’d at least show that there’s a possibility, but you’ll have to do some work to make it happen (unless someone else knows of a better solution).