VmX Locator - Need one more option

The VmX Locator gui has three options for the caller. I need one more (to allow the caller to get back to the main IVR).

Does anyone have any instructions on how to do this?

Has anyone figured this out? I need to do the exact same thing and have not been able to find any way to do this.

you may want to file a feature request so it is on the radar of things to possibly work on.

it’s possible to manually add options beyond 0, 1 and 2 directly in the astdb if you have a fixed place to go (e.g. there is only one IVR they could come into).

You would have to have a look at the astdb structure on how the other 3 options are actually stored and you should be able to figure out how to add another option. This does not solve it from a GUI perspective though as mentioned, feel free to file a feature request ticket.

I would want the option to go to a fixed IVR or Ring Group. How do I go about adding the option into astdb? If this is the only way to do it, that is fine, I don’t need the GUI method.

Thanks

Nevermind, I figured it out.

I used the script here: http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Web+based+Asterisk+Database+maintenance

Changed the password to the password found in /etc/asterisk/manager.conf and dumped the .php file into /var/www/html/

Then I could add entries like so:
Family: AMPUSER
Key: 102/vmx/unavail/9/context
Value: from-internal

Key: 102/vmx/unavail/9/ext
Value: 600

Key: 102/vmx/unavail/9/pri
Value: 1

Which allows extension 102 to use option 9 in the voicemail VMX to go to ring group 600. Great, thank you for the help

1 Like

As suggested have a look at how it stores options 1, 2, and 3 (choose follow me as one of the options as a good example). Then you should be able to mimic it door an option 4. It’s all under AMPUSER/exten_number.