Vlan Implementation

hi,
i am planning to implement network segmentation in my firm, currently i have single network for data and IP PBX. . For data i am planning 10.10.15.0/24 and PBX 10.10.18.0/24 under voice Vlan , access layer switch i made changes but i don’t have any idea in pbx side what changes need to do. could you please guide me anyone? . i am using freepbx 16 and chan sip for extension creation also i have vpn tunnel , through this some phones are working remote site.
Thanks in Advance.

Well, lets start with your router… is 10.10.15.0/24 data network setup on physical interface and that interface plugs directly into your managed switch??

Is 10.10.18.0/24 VOIP network setup as a virtual interface in your router with a VLAN ID and 10.10.15.0 interface as its parent interface?

Or…is 10.10.18.0/24 setup as a subnet on a 2nd physicical interface on your router??

1 Like

In my router I have my VOIP Network setup as a virtual interface with a VLAN ID, DHCP turned on and my physical interface as the parent.

I then have all my VLAN’s setup in my Aruba 48p POE switch with proper VLAN ID…

Then, I plug FreePBX into say Port 44 on the switch, tag that port as VOIP vlan and then give FreePBX a static IP on that VOIP subnet…

Then, in my phone templates, i input my voip vlan ID so when each phone pulls config, it automatically gets an IP address on my voip subnet.

Well, lets start with your router… is 10.10.15.0/24 data network setup on physical interface and that interface plugs directly into your managed switch?? YES

Is 10.10.18.0/24 VOIP network setup as a virtual interface in your router with a VLAN ID and 10.10.15.0 interface as its parent interface? Actually parent interface is 10.10.0.0/16 and 10.10.18.0/24 is planned to voip network in virtual interface with VLAN ID for data network i am using 10.10.15.0/24 with VLAN ID.

in freepbx any setting i need to configure for vlan or just i need to connect the switch port that i configured 10.10.18.0/24 ip with voice lan.Actually my extension are created in PJchansip .

Freepbx interface IP is gonna either pull dhcp or your going to set it statically…thats going to depend how you program the switch port freepbx plugs into…thats why i said i would set that switch port up on the voip vlan then either give freepbx a static ip on that voip subnet… OR let it pull dhcp address from voip subnet then set dhcp reservation in your router for freepbx ip… but that only covers freepbx itself

What about all your phones? It doesnt matter if you have them configured pjsip in freepbx…they still need to pull an ip… are you vlan tagging every switch port they are plugged into??? Pain vs just putting vlan id in template

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.