Version Upgrade Module (13 to 14) missing

A few weeks ago I got the notification that Version Upgrade module was available for download, but at that moment I was not ready to try the upgrade. Yesterday I decided to give it a try, but the module is not listed anymore, not with fwconsole ma listonline or through the FreePBX GUI. Even the GIT repository can’t be found. Has that module been retired on purpose?

I’m running FreePBX Distro 10.13.66-21

Regards, Ariel.

Hi!

With the FreePBX distro you must use the distro upgrade “script” which is still very much beta…

The version upgrade module is only for the non-FreePBX distro systems and it is possible that it might no longer be offered for FreePBX distro systems since this is not what you should be using for a FreePBX distro system…

Good luck (if you use the beta distro upgrade “script”) and have a nice day!

Nick

Link to the Beta distro upgrade “script”:

https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/PPS/Upgrading+from+Distro+6431

Good luck and have a nice day!

Nick

I get that, but what I don’t get is why it showed on my admin module list for quite a couple of weeks before disapearing. Also, I’m on 32bit, so I don’t think the script applies to me, and also I just want to upgrade the FreePBX GUI only, not the underlying OS.

It’s either a problem local to your system or that it is no longer offered because you cannot use it (more on that later)…

Then you have no clear upgrade path…

FreePBX 14 requires, amongst other things, PHP 5.6 which, while available from third parties for older Centos versions (which both the old and current FreePBX distro OS are derivatives), I don’t believe is available from the normal repos. It might also have other requirements which might not be met by your older FreePBX distro.

It is simply not meant to run on the older FreePBX 13 distro, the OS has to be upgraded to meet the new requirements.

It is possible that the admin module no longer offers the version ugprade module because it knows that you can’t use it, only a FreePBX dev would know for sure.

I can see two ways for you to upgrade

• The conversion tool meant to convert FreePBX derivatives like Elastix to current FreePBX: Sangoma Documentation

• Backup everything (be careful, the “full backup” template doesn’t backup everything, you have to make sure you backup everything), restore to a FreePBX 13 64-bit system and then upgrade that system using the distro upgrade “script”.

Does anyone else has any other idea? Devs?

Good luck and have a nice day!

Nick

Same thing happened to me:

One day I’ve noticed version upgrade module from 13 to 14, actually used it with success on a test system, encountered just few minors probs with some missing dependancies, easily solved by googling.

However, I’ve learnt the hard way that it’s worth leaving new versions to mature a bit and when I’ve decided it’s time for an upgrade on a production system, upgrade module was not offered anymore.

Devs, can you please shed some light on this?

I have non-distro system.

Big thanks,
T