Various Errors with VoiceMail Blasting

FATAL ERROR

INSERT INTO vmblast (grpnum, description, audio_label, password) VALUES (, '', '-1', '') [nativecode=1064

** You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' '', '-1', '')' at line 1]

SQL - INSERT INTO vmblast (grpnum, description, audio_label, password) VALUES (, '', '-1', '')

I've gotten several different errors as i've tried to add the first group... this one as well:

FATAL ERROR

INSERT INTO vmblast_groups (grpnum, ext) values ('','') [nativecode=1062 ** Duplicate entry '' for key 1]

error adding to vmblast_groups table

Any ideas?

dm

hmm - odd,
before digging in - can you just un-install it and then reinstall it to clean up the database and then see if you keep getting issues? At some point early on I know there were some problems, I thought they had been addressed.
p

Tried that quite a few times…

Also, I started off with the first beta, if that helps any.

dm

then do the following:

1. uninstall the module
  2. install the module
  3. re-create the error by giving me exact step by step sequence of how you do it and where the errors pop up

Then if I can make it fail here I can debug it.

night

Change Ext to 690

Change Group Description to "2l2o VM Blast" (no quotes)

Audio Label: Left at default "Read Group Number"

No Password

Selected 4 of my Voicemail boxes.

Did NOT select "Default VM Blast Group"

Result:

INSERT INTO vmblast (grpnum, description, audio_label, password) VALUES (, '', '-1', '') [nativecode=1064 ** You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' '', '-1', '')' at line 1]SQL -
INSERT INTO vmblast (grpnum, description, audio_label, password) VALUES (, '', '-1', '')

Ran AGAIN, this time SELECTING "Default VM Blast Group"

FATAL ERROR
INSERT INTO vmblast_groups (grpnum, ext) values ('','') [nativecode=1062 ** Duplicate entry '' for key 1]

error adding to vmblast_groups table

dm

FATAL ERROR
INSERT INTO vmblast (grpnum, description, audio_label, password) VALUES (, ‘’, ‘-1’, ‘’) [nativecode=1064 ** You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ’ ‘’, ‘-1’, ‘’)’ at line 1]SQL -
INSERT INTO vmblast (grpnum, description, audio_label, password) VALUES (, ‘’, ‘-1’, ‘’)

amd also only did as you did above

I am using MySQL - 5.0.48 if that might help also the default value in the database for audio label is -1 i tried clearing that but still get the same problem

I can’t re-pro:

I just did the following:

1. Delete all my current VMBlast Groups
2. Reload
3. Uninstall VMBlast in Module Admin
4. Reload
5. Install VMBlast
6. Reload
7. Make the exactly described config as above, same name, extension number and chose 4 extensions
8. Submit
9. Reload

VMBlast is version 2.4.1

Hard to find the bug if I can’t repro???

Ok, the 2.4.2 fixes the adding issue… Here’s more odd behavior

I fill in the info to add a group… check the “Default” checkbox, Submit Changes, Apply at the top… The group adds, but I can not call it. “Your call can not be completed as dialed”. I check the group, and the Default checkbox didn’t take. So I check it, Submit, Apply. It now works.

I fill in the info for another group, Submit Changes. NO PROMPT for Apply. I tried to call it, and recieved the same message…It’s more obvious with this one that no config chances were written… so I click the entry at the right for that second group, Submit again. This time I CAN Apply. It also now works.

I fill in the info for yet another group, Submit Changes. NO PROMPT for Apply again. Same thing.

Seems theres a couple different issues to isolate… The Default Group checkbox, not prompting to apply subsequent extensions.

dm

how do I allow the ability to forward a regular voice mail message to a vmblast group including forwarding to multiple groups in succession? Ideally we would like to be be able to not only forward a message to a vmblast group or multiple groups but also have the ability to also create a message from within a user mailbox and then forward it to a vmblast group or multiple groups. Also is there a way for the recipient of the vmblast message to not only reply to the sender but to reply to all recipients of the given vmblast message?
currently when trying to forward a message to a vmblast group we get an error message saying that extension does not exist.
Any help or direction here would be much appreciated

wolfh67,

Please do not hijack a thread about one thing with another. It is considered being rude as the original posted probably has message notifications enabled for this thread and not he’s getting notices about something that he does not care for.

If you dig into the code a little bit on vmblast you will see that it is not possible. I think you where the one who posted it on IRC yesterday and I tried to answer you but you never responded back.

Post a new message and we can get into it with more detail.

I have tried posting new threads only to be told not to post in more than one place. I have not gotten any response from anyone about the issues we are having but have been told by others that what we want to do is possible. I am willing to pay a bounty if someone can help with this issue. The request is quite common in a traditional pbx and we need it for an existing client. PLEASE HELP!!