/var/spool/asterisk/incron is not a directory (Contact Manager)

Installing open source FreePBX 16 today I got a new surprise:

# fwconsole ma downloadinstall contactmanager
No repos specified, using: [standard] from last GUI settings

Downloading module 'contactmanager'
Processing contactmanager
Verifying local module download...Verified
Extracting...Done
Download completed in 1 seconds
Updating tables contactmanager_groups, contactmanager_group_entries, contactmanager_entry_speeddials, contactmanager_entry_numbers, contactmanager_entry_images, contactmanager_entry_userman_images, contactmanager_entry_xmpps, contactmanager_entry_emails, contactmanager_entry_websites...Done
log file created /var/log/asterisk/contactmanager_module_hook.log

In Contactmanager.class.php line 3874:

/var/spool/asterisk/incron is not a directory  

Indeed that directory does not exist. A workaround:

mkdir -p /var/spool/asterisk/incron

and then install the module.

However I am concerned about this. Contact Manager is an open source module, and the incron system is for Sysadmin and commercial modules.

I speculate that developers who are used to working on Distro are used to making assumptions that everyone is using Distro and SNG7 OS and that the framework for commercial modules will be there. But I would very much like to push back against this.

PLEASE start from an assumption of open source install on unknown Linux and not from an assumption of Distro install. I will file a bug report on the aforementioned error. But it’s annoying that I have to.

Bonus…

NPM version is: 3.5.2 requirement is 3.10.3. Run 'yum upgrade nodejs' from the CLI as root

(we’re not all using yum here)

1 Like

Hi @billsimon Raised [FREEPBX-23127] remove usage of incrond from contactmanager - Sangoma Issue Tracker to take care of this.

Thanks Kapil. Why is it using incron?

Incron in Freepbx mainly getting used to run asynchronous tasks by root user.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.