V15 to 16 Upgrade Issue

I was attempting to upgrade a V15 to 16 system earlier today. It seems php updated to V7 but the modules stayed at V15. Now when I try to update the modules to V16 I’m getting an error that basically tells me I can run V15 with php7. Framework and core don’t even show V16 as an option as they are both at V15.

[root@pbx ~]# fwconsole ma downloadinstall framework
No repos specified, using: [standard] from last GUI settings

Downloading module 'framework'
Processing framework
Verifying local module download...Verified
Extracting...Done
Download completed in 1 seconds
Updating tables admin, ampusers, cronmanager, featurecodes, freepbx_log, freepbx_settings, globals, module_xml, modules, notifications, cron_jobs...Done
Determined Asterisk version to be: 18.16.0
installing files to /var/www/html..done
installing files to /var/lib/asterisk/bin..done
installing files to /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin..done
Checking for upgrades..
No further upgrades necessary
framework file install done, removing packages from module
file/directory: /var/www/html/admin/modules/framework/amp_conf removed successfully
file/directory: /var/www/html/admin/modules/framework/upgrades removed successfully
file/directory: /var/www/html/admin/modules/framework/start_asterisk removed successfully
file/directory: /var/www/html/admin/modules/framework/install removed successfully
file/directory: /var/www/html/admin/modules/framework/installlib removed successfully
Compressing Framework CSS...Done
Setting Framework Version...Done
which: no amportal in (/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/root/bin)
Running SQL cleanup...Done
Building Packaged Scripts...Done
Refreshing GPG Keys...Done
Generating CSS...Done
Module framework version 15.0.36 successfully installed
Updating Hooks...Done
Chowning directories...
In Encoding.php line 196:

Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated

https://wiki.freepbx.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=209879790#FreePBX/PBXact16VersionUpgradeModule-TroubleShootingtheUpgradeprocess

Check this section of the upgrade guide. You can manually downloadinstall the version 16 framework and then run the upgradeall command to upgrade the rest of the modules.

2 Likes

How did I miss that? Thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.