Utilizing Directory With IP Phone

I don’t know if I’m missing something obvious or not, but I haven’t been able to figure this out so far. I don’t know if it’s just the phone itself or not. It’s a Yealink T31P I’m testing on.

Testing around, I set 411 to miscellaneous destination (Directory). So it lets me in and tells me to use the touchtone keypad to enter the first three letters of the user’s first or last name. However it doesn’t seem to register letters, or digits, looking at the logs.

I’ve been trying to find out if there are keyboard attachments for the phones, thinking can just use that, but can’t find anything. Some of our current Alcatel phones that secretaries have have external keyboards that just plug in so it’s easy to dial by name. I’m not sure how to do it with the Directory on FreePBX, or if that’s even what I’m supposed to be using.

I do have a paste bin entry of what shows when asterisk -rvvv is run.

https://pastebin.freepbx.org/view/f9ff5119

I have made some progress with this, though I’m unsure if I’m encountering an oddity or just am giving the system too much to think about.

I saw where to add entries. I can add them one by one, or a few at a time.

However if I select “All Users” from the drop down, it makes an entry for all users, but when clicking “Submit” it doesn’t give me the “Apply Config” button and just immediately takes me back to the listing of Directories. When I go back in to edit, it only keeps the ones I manually put in. I do have quite a few users - 1,000+ plus. Is there a limit?

(This screenshot below was taken after clicking “Submit”)

Here’s what the screen looks like when I just add in one or two, then press “Submit”. Notice the “Apply Config” button appears now in the corner.

Also as far as I can see I can’t edit the thread title anymore. It’s not specific to Yealink phones now that I’ve looked into it more. Can it be updated to remove the reference to Yealink?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.