Using routes on another FreePBX server

we’ve got several locations in our company using their own FreePBX server installations. wondering if it’s possible (fairly sure it is) and how to do it if it is (no clue on this one) to make outbound calls through their outbound trunks/routes.

we got hit with the big AT&T crash and it would have been beneficial to reroute our calls OUT of their trunks so we could make emergency calls and such

You need a peer trunk between the systems:
http://wiki.freepbx.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=4161588

no clue how I missed the response. yeah, we’ve got trunks between the systems. I can dial their extensions from my phones and they can dial our extensions from our phones.

just not sure how to dial OUT of their outbound trunk to their phone line from my system.

Hi,

Just add a prefix to your dialed numbers towards their trunk (trunk dial patterns). Do not forget to remove the prefix in the outbound routes of the other trunk.

Thank you,

Daniel Friedman
Trixton LTD.

not to be dense, but that was fairly greek to me. I know what all of those words mean on their own, but in sequence I get a bit lost hehe

I’ve got an IAX trunk set up to connect to their server (and they’ve got one to mine as previously stated), I’ve then got an outbound route that says anything with their extension pattern goes to that trunk. that stuff all makes sense to me, done it a million times. we can dial their extensions just fine.

what I don’t get is where you’re saying “towards their trunk”.

do you mean, setting up an outbound route similar to our current one for our default where we dial 8 for an outside line. so we dial 8+ nnn-nnn-nnnn. I should create another outbound route that would be, say, 7+ nnn-nnn-nnnn and have it hit the same route as we have for their current inside extensions. then just make sure they have their default trunk set to strip the 7

Hi,

If you already have a prefix to dial their extensions, just dial a regular number with their prefix. Let us say that in order to dial to their extensions you dial a 7 before, and they dial 8 before an outbound number, you will need to dial:

78XXXXXXXXXX

Thank you,

Daniel Friedman
Trixton LTD.

what we’ve got is an iax trunk with no number manipulation rules on it to connect to their server, then we’ve got an outbound route to pickup calls to their extension, so we dial 21xxx (or 22xxx) to get to their extensions.

I just tried 21(to match the dial plan) 9 (the prefix they use for an outbound line) xxxxxxxxxx and I get a “cannot be completed as dialed”

so, clearly something with the setup that’s not doing what you say I should see it doing (which I fully assume would work if it were being done correctly)

AHA, had to craft an insane dialing rule for it…but I seem to have gotten it working.

thanks a lot for pointing me in the right direction