Using non-soft phones

AaronS If you are not ready to invest the time in learning the platform or telephony in general, we do have a commercially supported version of FreePBX called PBXact that can be purchased from resellers and configured by them for you at a fraction of the cost of what an Avaya system would cost you. Or if you would like to continue utilizing the OpenSource FreePBX you can purchase support directly from Schmooze to have one of our techs remote in and configure your system for you. Feel free to contact me directly to discuss these options, as well as the documentation projects we have in the works, and the training we have available if you are serious about learning more about telephony and FreePBX.

Question, did you not notice the little tool tops on each field?

FYI the field says “signal ringing” and here is what the tool tip advises:

It’s actually nothing to do with ringing a peer.

Maybe we do wallow around in ignorance, however this is the most popular open source telephony system in the world with well over 1/2 a million active installations. It can’t be that hard to figure out.

Not sure why you had such a tough time on such a simple application.

As someone who started their PBX experience with Avaya IP Office… and then learned the basics of FreePBX, including getting it to work properly, including what you want done, in less than a day… Trust me when I say that Avaya is much more of a PitA than FreePBX could ever dream of being…

Just my 2 cents