Using endpoint manager to create a vpn phone

So i have turned on the VPN under sysadmin pro. I have commercial endpoint manager. I created a template for external use for the Grandstream gxp-2140. In EPM, there is no option to select VPN client to use. This is Freepbx 15.0.16.27. I understand this is new version, but should still be able to utilize VPN option in EPM.

VPN is not supported on GS and has never been. Only Sangoma S series, some Yealinks and a handful of other modules from other manufacturers. The only phones certified to work with the sysadmin VPN are Sangoma S series.

No, but I was able to pair the Freepbx VPN to the OpenVPN on the Grandstream phones. Then how do you provision the Grandstream phones to use endpoint manager?

you either manually set the config server info or use a DHCP option

wrt automating the vpn config of the GS to use the openvpn designed for users and not devices you have the basefile editor … at that point you’re in uncharted waters but not necessarily on the rocks , it may be possible

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.