Using Chrome with recording playbacks

I’ve googled around, and I’ve read several posts about playbacks, but none that actually discuss solving the issue.

We’re just moving to an AsteriskNOW install, and I’ve got the same issue that many others have where if I’m trying to play back a system recording, I get the “No plugin-available to display this content” (using chrome)

Now this is a bit misleading as I can go to any other page and wav files will open up just fine within chrome.

Looking at the source of the page that opens when you click to play a recording is the following

playing: cdir-welcome

If I duplicate that code, and replace the src attribute with a direct link to a wav file, it works fine, which tells me that the proper headers aren’t being sent witht ath url.

Looking at the Response Headers for that encoded url:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2014 14:09:30 GMT
Server: Apache/2.2.15 (CentOS)
X-Powered-By: PHP/5.3.3
Last-Modified: Fri, 06 Jun 2014 14:09:30 GMT
Expires: Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT
Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0
Pragma: no-cache
Content-Length: 781
Connection: close
Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8

the Content-Type is being incorrectly set to “text/html”, when it should be “audio/wav” (or whatever format people are using), and that is what is causing it not to be handled correctly within the browser.

Is this a known issue, or should I submit this to the issues site?

May I ask why you are using Asterisk Now if FreePBX is your most important driver?

This is fixed in FreePBX 12

thanks, looking forward to it’s release

to answer your specific question, we’re coming from a quite old Trixbox v2.4 and reviewing both AsteriskNOW distro, & FreePBX distro to determine what the best upgrade course would be.

I can start a separate thread if you have advice related to this as it would be appreciated.

Yes, 12 is a big step. Just to set expectation it’s not a “next week” it has not gone to beta yet, still in Alpha.

WRT the thread, yes please do. Even with our bias it should be interesting. I would like to hear about any advantages you perceive that Asterisk Now has over the Official Distro.

rest assured I have no expectations. I’ve a dev myself, so you won’t ever hear me say “when’s your eta”

And not to derail the thread, but to answer your question, I don’t really have any lean towards one or the other, I merely started with AsteriskNOW as we were trunning Trixbox previously and we’re on a time crunch to get a new system up and migrated.

As we speak i’m flashing the FreePBX distro to try that out and compare it.

I guess I am even more confused (we have only been putting out a distro for a couple of years so this is personal curiosity) how the AsteriskNow was a quicker route?

Anyway, I think you will find the differences are behind the scenes and the distro being closer to the mother project gets attention when problems are found.