Userman [RuntimeException] Too many arguments

Hi Folks,

I’m getting an email message every hour or so from cron. This started after the the last stable module upgrade to user manager. Message is below. User manager is version 13.0.76.20. FreePBX is version 13.0.192.9. Asterisk is version 13.15.0. Not sure if this is a bug or I need to change a setting?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Cron asterisk@pbx /usr/sbin/fwconsole userman sync 2>&1

[RuntimeException]
Too many arguments.

userman [–syncall] [–sync="…"] [–force] [–list]

Just updated user manager module to latest stable last night. No change. Cron is still emailing me about its user manager task. I must have about 100 email from the PBX. Its driving me nuts!

Anybody else have this problem or know how to fix it?

Thanks.

Have you tried logging into cron (“crontab -eu asterisk”) and adding the two dashes in front of “sync”?

Thanks for the help Dave! Just made the change. It looks like that cron job was running every 30 minutes. I’ll know in a 1/2 hour if that change works.

After the change, the body of the email now says this:

[RuntimeException]
The “–sync” option requires a value.

userman [–syncall] [–sync="…"] [–force] [–list]

Try “–syncall” ?

I have another PBX that syncs the FreePBX directory and it uses this cron entry:

*/15 * * * * /usr/local/sbin/fwconsole userman --syncall -q

The other pbx (with the problem) syncs only the asterisk voicemail users. Do you think the syncall option would break that and accidentally change what is synced?

I would just delete the two offending cron lines from crontab

Thanks Andrew. if I delete the entry from the pbx with the problem, will my voicemail users no longer sync with usermanager?

They won’t but you can just fwconsole ma install userman to get the (right) cron back

I think that might have done it. I noticed the cron entry (on the pbx that was experiencing trouble) is now the same as my other PBX, even though one uses the FreePBX internal directory and the other is syncing the users from the voicemail directory.

Thanks for your help Dave and Andrew!