User Portal Voicemail Will Not Play

I am having the same problem. Was running 2.8. Upgraded to 2.9 with the upgrade utility. Portal voicemail play stopped working.

I have updated to 2.9.0.6 of the ARI Framework with ob_clean();. My play button in the portal still doesnt work. It opens the long box under the message row where the play status would be displayed but it remains empty and will not play. I have tried several browsers.

The ticket has been closed. What am I missing?

I have recorded new voicemails after the update and the same result. When I hit download, I get “404 File not found!”

Thanks
Russ

Are you using the FreePBX Distro or something else. This forum category is for the FreePBX Distro. If you are using a different distro please open a new ticket under FreePBX General Help

I was able to play VM recordings from the recordings button in FBX on IE9, Chrome11 and Firefox5 without difficulty. In all cases Qicktime plugin worked OK.

In my case, it doesnt seem to be a player problem. The system doesnt seem to be able to find the VM files. When I try to download I get a cant-find-the-file error. But the messages can be listened to over the phone so I know the files exist.

I havent customized this in any way. Im not sure what to do.

I have also posted in the General forum per tonyclewis’ suggestion.

I have confirmed the lines stated above exist in audio.php file

Here is an excerpt to confirm this for you:

37 // need to check if file is mislabeled or a liar.
38 $fp=fopen($path, “rb”);
39 if ($size && $ctype && $fp) {
40 header(“Pragma: public”);
41 header(“Expires: 0”);
42 header(“Cache-Control: must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0”);
43 header(“Cache-Control: public”);
44 header(“Content-Description: wav file”);
45 header("Content-Type: " . $ctype);
46 header(“Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=” . $name);
47 header(“Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary”);
48 header("Content-length: " . $size);
49 ob_clean();
50 fpassthru($fp);
51 }

In short If I download the voicemail file from ARI, it will play as expected. If I use the play link in ARI it will chop up and off most of the audio.

It is a default install distro iso from freepbx.

Here is my install information

FreePBX Ari Framework 2.10.0.
FreePBX Framework 2.10.1.9
Asterisk Version (Ver. 10.12.0)

I would like to resolve this without an upgrade to the version 2.11. There are always new bugs in the new releases and this is pretty stable production environment.

Please let me know what I can provide to assist in resolving this issue again. I am a Linux Systems Engineer, so I can work with you efficiently on this matter

The issue I describe in my previous post occurs in firefox from a mac and windows 7 using quicktime plugin, but from windows 7 on IE 9 seems to be working.

From clients who use mac and or another browser besides IE, I would like to get this working in Firefox. Let me know how I can help.