User Portal, No functions after login

After I login to the user portal with Extension (100) and VM password I get the screen VM for 100. However if I try to select an option from the left (Phone features, follow me, VMx)
I get bounced back to the login screen

Free PBX 2.3.1.1
Asterisk 1.4.6

Thank You for any help

Phoneeman

sounds like a permissions problem in your sessions directory for php, are you running CentOS 5? did you yum update recently?

Philippe Lindheimer - FreePBX Project Lead
http//freepbx.org - IRC #freepbx

I am fairly new with Linux. I have been able to get into files and view with NANO .
Although at this point I have not felt comfortable changing anything.

I think the OS is Redhat
GNU bash, version 3.1.17(1)-release (i686-redhat-linux-gnu)

Not sure what a “YUM” Update is, however I have kept the Module Administration up to date

Thank you for your help
Phoneeman.

Hey Phoneeman,

I’ve encountered the same problem recently and posted about it a couple of weeks ago. I found a couple of references to it in other posts here and there, so the issue is not unique. However I have NOT found a solution. My thread was titled “User Portal Weirdness” if you’d like to look back at it for details.

Maybe Phil could elaborate on the “sessions” directory. I’m not new to Linux (having installed it for the first time on a 386SX box!) but
I don’t know markup languages and other browser bitz. If somebody points me in the right direction, I can more than likely figure it out.

Also, please keep us informed if you get anywhere with the issue.

Thunderheart

I just had a similar problem when trying to view call records.

This was also caused by the ownership of the session save directory, sounds like the same solution may work here…

Have a look in your /etc/php.ini and search for the session.save_path line.
If you are using Redhat or Centos it’s probably like
session.save_path = “/var/lib/php/session”

Then do
chown asterisk /var/lib/php/session
(using the actual path from php.ini if different)

The original ownership was root:apache - and with apache now being set to run as asterisk, it did not have correct access to this directory.

It should really be part of the FAQ.
Hope it helps!

That did the trick

Thank You

Phoneeman

Plz any one solve this problem i will alot of thanks for this kind act, so plz send me ur email Id or contact no any one in Peshawar, Pakistan.

Naveed,

Please do not hijack a thread. If you need help start a new thread, explain in detail what your problem is, what version of things you are running, etc. hijacking a existing thread with another subject is considered rude to the origional poster.