Use PBX system to send alarm/reminder for every user to give a reminder call for following COVID-19 SOP's

Hi Team,

Since COVID-19 is spreading again, we want to keep reminding our members to take precautionary measures such as physical distancing, wearing masks, keeping rooms well ventilated, avoiding crowded areas, cleaning hands, coughing into a bent elbow or tissue etc.

For that we would want to use VOIP Phones in the company as an alarm/reminder for everyone. We would ideally want it to ring every 3 hours and share different precautionary messages with our members.

How can we achieve this?
Need guides or any module etc.

Commercial Module Paging Pro allows you to setup scheduled pages.

https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FPG/Page+Pro

I was also thinking the Broadcast module could work for you. https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FPG/Broadcast+Xact+Dialer-Admin+Guide#BroadcastXactDialer-AdminGuide-Overview

This is a good thing.

I tried once the Intercom but there is a disadvantage. it enables auto answer for all the calls all the time and when call comes the phone automatically answer the call and put the phone on speaker.

This is actually not acceptable.

So, Is this also the case with this.

1 Like

Guys,

When I set my IP Phones Cisco 7940 to auto answer, all the calls will go to auto answer whether they are page calls or without page calls.

Is there any way that we can fix this thing. Even I have enabled or disabled the auto answer feature from Freepbx Extension settings page.

So don’t set them to auto answer. You didn’t say that was what you wanted. You said you wanted the phones to ring. Decide.

considering your idea as well.

with that solution we will be able to setup auto calls to extensions or group of extensions and after that it will play the announcement on answering the calls ?

With Chan-SCCP-B, there are options to do paging based on Alert-Info, like I documented in the Chan-SCCP-B Wiki at Github. I think the SIP load loses that capability (one of the many things that the SIP load screws with).

so then do you think any other solution work.

Hi Cynjut,

I have followed a guide to setup this scenario (Reminder Alert Calls)

Step 1: I have created the Page Group 1009 from Paging and Intercom
Step 2: Add the Extension on which I want to use this Page.
Step 3: Created a dialplan in extensions_custom.conf and playback a file with Reminder alert audio.

[ext-paging-custom]
    exten => 10000,1,Answer
    exten => 10000,n,Wait(3)
    exten => 10000,n,Playback(/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/en/custom/COVID_19_reminder)
    exten => 10000,n,HangUp()

Step 4: Running this script with command:

asterisk -rx ‘channel originate Local/10000@ext-paging extension 1009@ext-paging’

It’s all working fine but now what I want “when it places a call the CALLER ID is missing”
It’s going as Unknown.

How can I send CallerID and Caller Name like covid-19 Alert

Need little guide on this.

Really thankful.

and the call from Command Channel Originate hangs up after 1 Bell Ring.

so this is strange. I don’t know why is this happening.

Use callfilea instead of originate. Or use AMI to originate, then you can pass a CID

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.