Urgent ring group issue

Here is the set up we have for a client. On Free PBX I have a number that is set to a ring group this ring group then calls all the numbers configured within it ( As they use teams they are external numbers ). this works fine no issue calls connect without a problem. The problem lies with voicemail When the call is presented, if a user is out of the office or set to DND and it goes to voicemail they are finding that voicemail is answering the call. To get around this… Or so I thought… was to enable ‘confirm calls’ so that users would need to manually accept the call. What now seems to be happening is that users are getting voicemails with the automated message asking them to press 1 followed by the message someone else has picked up the call… without presence information how can this be resolved?

While your request may be urgent, know that this is a forum of volunteers. If it truly is urgent, there is a link to paid support above.

I’m not sure what exactly needs to be resolved, do you want to eliminate the nuisance voicemails?

Call Confirmation kicks in when the call is answered be it by a person or a voicemail system. This is part of why you use it. When it is in voicemail, there’s no confirmation which means the system doesn’t try to bridge the call together. A live person may opt to press 2 and deny the call, same effect.

The downside is that the person getting the call and doesn’t answer it will end up with the confirmation recording in their voicemail cause the call was answered. You want to avoid this make sure the Ring Timer is set before at least 25-30 seconds (the avg time a mobile carrier rings before going to voicemail) so that it doesn’t go to their voicemail account.

Which version of Asterisk, and which version of core module do you have?

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.