Upgrading from 32-bit to 64-bit

I have been using FreePBX for quite a while on an old 32-bit machine (13.0). I reckoned it was time to switch to 64-bit so I have a new system running with a clean installation but no configuration yet. My system isn’t all that complex and I could re-enter everything manually but I wondered if there was an easier way?

I think I may have accumulated some config errors on the old system. If there are some funnies, what would be their effect on the new system?

Bill.

The backup and restore module in 15+ supports restoring from legacy versions all the way back to ver. 2.9 or so. Try restoring a backup from your 13 system to a new 16 install.

1 Like

One issue I’ve had converting 32 to 64 bit using backup and restore is the asterisk modules. You will have to go in and change the modules directory from

/usr/lib/asterisk/modules 

to

/usr/lib64/asterisk/modules

Thank you both. I’ll give that a try.

Bill.

That worked pretty well. For what it’s worth, here is a list of things that didn’t work:

1. Asterisk address book didn’t transfer (well, in fact it transferred one record which had previously been changed - speeddial number removed)

2. The global Dahdi settings for my FXO card were left at default.

3. During the restore operation, there were a couple of warnings that I spotted (there may have been more):

npm WARN deprecated [email protected]: Package no longer supported. Contact [email protected] for more info.

npm WARN deprecated [email protected]: This version of ‘is-buffer’ is out-of-date. You must update to v1.1.6 or newer

I don’t know what those mean but warnings are, I suppose, usually safe to ignore.

Hope this is useful,

Bill.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.