Upgraded to FreePBX 2.10 and extension not able to register

Hi All,

I recently upgraded to 2.10 and now I am having a strange issue. I have 3 extenstions assigned to my Cisco 7960 phone. Once I assign a secret/password I am not able to authenticate. Soon as I remove the secret the phone logs right in. I have enabled debugging but all I am seeing is:

[2012-03-14 13:34:12] NOTICE[5308]: chan_sip.c:24756 handle_request_register: Registration from ‘sip:[email protected]’ failed for ‘192.168.4.170:50431’ - Wrong password

I have confirmed the password is correct both in the GUI and CLI. I have also factory reset the phone to ensure it wasn’t holding an old password. Any thoughts to this?

Do you have the NAT settings correct in sip settings module?

Hi,

I have my NAT settings all default which is NAT=disabled. Again it logs right in once I remove the password. This is all internal.

I understand but you still need the localnet field set right or it will do what you are describing. It’s not really logging in.

Also you can’t have an ‘!’ in the secret.

Hey,

So looking at my config I see that I have nat set to “NO”

[2055]
deny=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
secret=2055
dtmfmode=rfc2833
canreinvite=no
context=from-internal
host=dynamic
trustrpid=yes
sendrpid=no
type=friend
nat=no
port=5060
qualify=yes
qualifyfreq=60
transport=udp
encryption=no
callgroup=
pickupgroup=
dial=SIP/2055
.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
callerid=device <2055>
callcounter=yes
faxdetect=no
cc_monitor_policy=generic

I didn’t ask about the peer NAT. My statement was that Asterisk needs the localnet setting correct. Even if you are not NAT’ing any peers you need to make sure you have the right data in the sip settings module.

Did you also verify that the secret does not contain a ‘!’

Ok, sorry wasn’t following. so, I think you are talking about these:

tcpenable=yes
bindaddr=0.0.0.0
tcpbindaddr=0.0.0.0

I am still new to Asterisk so if I am wrong just let me know. I guess my confusion would be, why when I remove my secret of 2055 does the phone log right in.

Please go to the SIP settings module and configure your network settings.

I have had this done. I have my internal networks defind and my external also. I tried removing and readding with the same outcome.

on what else could be causing this to happen?