Upgrade to 2.11 [FATAL] Unable to connect to Asterisk Manager from /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf, aborting

I upgraded my pbx from 2.09 to 2.11. In that process I had to also update Asterisk from 1.4 to 1.8.x. I performed that update successfully and then upgraded to 2.10 and then to 2.11. Unfortunately now I am not able to Apply my configuration and I am getting [FATAL] Unable to connect to Asterisk Manager from /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf, aborting.

The installation is not from the distro, it was installed separately about 4 years ago.

When I try to start asterisk from the console it says segmentation fault. I am guessing some module did not get updated properly. Just not sure how to best troubleshoot the issue.

I would just recompile asterisk assuming you are not using RPM’s for that. Something probably went pear shaped during that part.

amportal stop
cd /directory/to/asterisk/source
make clean && make distclean
./configure && make menuselect
make && make install

Any amount of recompiling will not help.

When you can connect to the server on tcp/5038 using an accredited account and password, it will work. your /etc/asterisk/manager* tree will show you what is acceptable. How you set up FreePBX particularly that bit, in newer versions can pre-empt what “used to work”

He said asterisk wasn’t starting.

Hi Dicko
I dont understand your instructions in post #3
is this tread the the same issue im having?

Reload failed because retrieve_conf encountered an error: 255

PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class ext_senddtmf in /var/www/html/admin/modules/dahdiconfig/modules/sangoma.module on line 0

I renamed all the asterisk directories to .bak

I installed the x86_64 version of asterisk and some files are installed to /var/lib64/asterisk instead of /var/lib/asterisk. FreePBX could not find the path and I had to change it in a few places.

After that I was able to get into FreePBX and it gave me some error messages to work through. I had to change ownership of some files to the asterisk user and then had to manually copy back some asterisk config files and media files.

RightClick
Is there any reason why i cant just diable the module and go back to the previouse version?
Does anyone know what module is causing this problem?
I see alot of post about retrieve_conf errors but all with different effects
and stratagies to fix

With asterisk 11 things a more complicated to install on 64 bit.
You have to:
./configure --libdir=/usr/lib64 && make menuselect

and before installing FreePBX you have to
sed -i “s_/usr/lib_/usr/lib64_” asterisk.conf install_amp libfreepbx.install.php

otherwise you have to go in after and make changes to the conf file and one setting in advanced settings in FreePBX that points to /usr/lib by default. I put in a feature request to build 64bit detection into install_amp but I wouldn’t hold my breath.