Upgrade php version 5.3.3 -> 5.3.10

I’m using FPBX 2.11.0.0beta1.4 which ships with PHP version 5.3.3. This version of PHP has a bug that affects the storage of a certain range of numbers. It causes the database to store them as a negative number which prevents several things from working including preventing DID numbers from matching the sending DID on incoming routes.

http://www.freepbx.org/trac/ticket/5792#comment:12

DID numbers falling in the range 214 748 3648 and 299 999 9999 and running PHP version 5.3.3 trigger this bug.

Anyway the solution is to upgrade PHP to 5.3.10, but I’m having an issue finding the repo to install it.

Any suggestions?

FYI: I downloaded FreePBX-3.211.63-2-i386-Full-1355238228.iso

This should be resolved in FreePBX as of yesterday when we pushed new modules to address this issue. As a result you should not need to upgrade your PHP at this time.

Got home from a trip and updated the modules. Yup this bug seems to be fixed.

Thanks!

Kage

Instead of trying to tackle the headache of making php 5.3.10 from 5.3.3 and the fact that other distros like AsteriskNow and PBXiaF all use the same 5.3.3 that is included with centos 6.2 and 6.3 we decided to work around the issue in FreePBX to benefit all. The bug still exist in php but we put in a work around for now.

Again, Thanks for the update on this issue. I’m new to FreePBX/Asterisk so in my process of learning I was going nuts trying to figure out what I had done wrong. Glad to find out I was going through the process correctly and that it was a software bug.

Kage_