Upgrade Module from 2.3 to 2.4

Systems that I upgraded using the 2.3 -> 2.4 upgrade module were broken. It seems that the “Custom App” choice has dissappeared from all modules that used to have it, and everywhere that a “Custom App” was used in 2.3 an “Unknown Destination” option appears in red, replacing it. Entries also appear on the “FreePBX System Status” page in “FreePBX Notices” under the heading “There are 8 bad destinations”. Another user warned of this on the 13th and no answer was given.

Nevermind! It looks like this can be fixed by adding all of the “Custom Apps” used in 2.3 which now appear in a “Quick Pick List”, to the “Custom Destinations” module under “Tools” in 2.4, and then the “bad destinations” are automatically fixed in the other modules.

OK folks, for those of you who loaded the module and then checked for updates again and found none, I resolved the issue. Here it is and it has now been fixed.

When you check for updates, you are downloading a big XML file which is cached in FreePBX with a timestamp. So if you immediately check for updates again, it will see you just checked and pull the same xml file out of the cache. The age of the cache is set for 5 minutes so if you are going though this process very quickly, you could get caught by this. I just published a new revision of the upgrade module. Now it deletes the cached copy and then bumps the version number up as before. Now that the cached copy has been deleted, you will go back to the server upon the next update check and should pull the 2.4 XML file and see all the updates.

I am not clear on how to work around the Custom App disappearance. Previously we would have definitions to an A2billing macro but now, we had to rebuild from scratch and this option does not show up. Miscellaneous Destinations & Misc Apps does not seem to work with the a2billing script. At least not in 2.4. Help…

C

What is everyone else doing now that the custom app option is gone from Misc. Applications? I need the functionality that this offered. Is there a different way to call custom apps in FreePBX? I haven’t seen anything like this.

Thanks,

Andrew

see the customappsreg module in the tool tab. It’s all documented in the CHANGES file available with each major release.

Thanks Philippe. The Custom Extensions and Custom Destinations weren’t on my Tools tab, but after searching the site, I grabbed it from source and put it on my server and installed it using the modules admin. The way you referred to it in your post above made me think that it was already in the Module Admin, but it wasn’t on mine, so I just wanted to let you know in case it was a bug. Either way, thanks for taking the time to let me know.

Andrew

Andrew, if you checked for modules online, once upgrading, you should have seen those as new modules.

I just checked on another box and you are correct. Those modules appeared as you described.

I’m having a similar problem on a 2.4.0 box. customappsreg, etc is not showing up. I went into Module Admin. and hit “Check for updates online”. When it comes back, it shows I’m up to date and have everything installed, but I’m obviously still missing this (and presumable other) module.

What can I do to install customappsreg, etc?

Also here after the last update in 2.4 branch my custom apps disappeared.

Online update shows that there are no newer updates available for a long time already and the additional modules do not appear in the list of things that can be installed :((((

How can i ‘force’ the modules part to check for updates? I found a reference to a big xml file, but i can’t find the file. What do i need to nuke to get updates again?

Thanks!

Can someone point me in how to fix it?

I am not sure what happened but I restarted the box a couple of times and ran the module upgrade again and it worked.
Thanks.

i upgraded from 2.3.0.1 to 2.4 from the GUI as per instructions. Went well the first time, but then i started receiving warnings that modules have not been upgraded. Went back to module admin which now shows almost all modules as current: 2.4, upgrade available: 1.3.x.x or osmething like that. Looks strange when u have 2.4, but its asking for upgrading to a lower release.

So what i did was upgraded (which was actually a downgrade). once complete, reboot, upgrade again and now its showing 2.4 for mos tof the things.

However, the problem i have now is that inter-extension calls are being declined. 603, or fast busy. Extensions can still dial trunk lines, but not other extensions. Last time i found a way out to edit extensions.conf and changed something like s10, but cant find it any more. That allowed the exts to call each other.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Has the syntax in extensions_custom.conf changed? I have a couple of hundred of these below that worked before the fresh install to 2.4 from 2.3 of FreePBX. None of them show up anymore. I was also wondering what happened to Custom Applications. I don’t see my custom applications in the Destination Quick Pick in Custom Destinations.

[custom-n2]
exten => n2-01,1,Answer
;exten => n2-01,n,Flite(“Last N 2 Carrier Part 1”)
exten => n2-01,n,Playback(custom/preMF)
exten => n2-01,n,ControlPlayback(custom/N2/n2p1,5000,#,*)
exten => n2-01,n,Hangup

I have been looking for cusomappsreg and it is not in the list of modules. It is/was in the list of 49 available modules in the System Status page before any module was installed. I have installed all of the modules except the Print Extensions. I have clicked on Tools to see if it is there and customappsreg is still missing.

You will get a better response if you post this as new question instead of posting it under this subject as it’s listed under the beta program for 2.4 which expired a while ago when 2.4 went live.

There was a big change when moving forward to 2.4 where FreePBX starts to maintain a complete list of extensions so that now it will not be possible to create two extensions one being a normal one and one being a custom one.

So there was a additional set of tools created to allow you to enter those custom setting. Take a look under the tools tab for custom extensions and custom applications. Once you register them with FreePBX, it becomes aware of them and tracks them so that no conflict arise in the future.

How do you post a new question / post? I would if I could. Please leave me a message in my Inbox.

It’s not that hard but many people miss it. On the left hand side. See where it say’s forums. click on it, the new page it produces locate Support on the left hand side, look to the right of that and it will say “Post a new forum topic”.