Upgrade hung and PHP did not update

While upgrading to version 2.10 from 2.9 using the web GUI, the process got stuck, as did my browser. I reconnected the browser and continued upgrading modules until they were all done. The DAHDi module could not be upgraded as now it appears that PHP remained at 5.1.6 rather than upgrading to 5.3 which DADHi.conf requires in order to also upgrade to 2.10.

Is there a way to upgrade to the correct version of PHP (5.3) now that the rest of the upgrade has been completed, all the way to version 2.11?

Thank you…

Was this a FreePBX distro or someone else’s distro?

It is PBX in a Flash.

It seems as though I unwittingly asked the wrong question. Here is the error message:

DAHDi Config cannot be upgraded:
PHP version 5.3.0 or higher is required, you have 5.1.6
Please try again after the dependencies have been installed.

Yet PHP -v tells me that I am running PHP 5.3.3. Is there a way to overcome this error message and upgrade DAHDi Config?

Confusingly there is a CLI-PHP and an Apache Module. So running ‘php -v’ can often be inaccurate. Looks like you only updated the CLI version

That is interesting. Is it possible to verify the Apache PHP version and can it be safely updated?

echo “<?php phpinfo(); ?>” > /var/www/html/admin/phpinfo.php

Go to http://your_host/phpinfo.php

Centos 5 only comes with 5.1, but you can do a yum erase php followed by yum install php53 to upgrade. (Surely I don’t need to tell you to do some research before blindly copying and pasting things from forum posts into your server!)

On a related security note in terms of copying and pasting from forums there is also a blog post out there that details how to add malicious code into ‘form instructions’ that would be hidden from display so when people copy and paste they actually copy and paste more than they bargained for. Something to consider :slight_smile: