Upgrade from FreePBX12 unsuccessful, next steps?

Our FreePBX system has been working, untouched for too long. I attempted an upgrade to v13 via the GUI which directed me to a command line method. While some of the system upgraded, the GUI is complaining about module issues, and I can’t seem to upgrade the underlying asterisk either.

This is a pretty small system, under 15 extensions. Would it make sense to build up a new system from the current ISO and import the settings using the FreePBX Distro Conversion Tool?

Presumably you followed this recipe:
https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/PPS/Upgrading+from+FreePBX+10.13.66+to+SNG7

Have you tried the repair script noted toward the bottom?

Unfortunately I did not find that post when looking for instructions on how to do the upgrade. I simply clicked the Upgrade 12 to 13 option in the GUI. I have a snapshot of the server so I can give it a try and get back to a working system in a couple of seconds if I blow it all up.

I admit to being confused by all the different version numbers reported in the GUI. I’m never sure which one matters to whom, or to use when searching for answers. I’m am willing to learn though.

I missed the fact that you are running 12. The link above is for 13->14. To upgrade 12->13 you want this page:
https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/PPS/FreePBX-Distro-6.12.65

The upgrade to 10.13.66-1 completed. I still have a couple of errors in the dashboard:
The following modules are disabled because they need to be upgraded:
arimanager, endpointman

When I go to the module administration it shows the end point manager as enabled, so not sure what the issue is with that. I don’t know what arimanager is, and it isn’t found using the search in the module administration. What am I missing?

What version of Asterisk? If you’re not on 13 upgrade to 13 with asterisk-version-switch. That will allow you to install arimanager.

This is the OSS community endpoint manager. If you’re not using it, just remove it.

Thanks, got it working. Now moving on to Upgrading from FreePBX 10.13.66 to SNG7

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.