Upgrade from 6.12.65 to 10.13.66 and Asterisk 13 getting a chown error

After updating my system up to 10.13.66-6 and Asterisk 13 I am getting an error on the “fwconsole chown” command:

[Whoops\Exception\ErrorException]
json_encode(): Invalid UTF-8 sequence in argument
chown [args1] … [argsN]

I performed the upgrade by running through each of the 6.12.65 steps and then upgrading to 10.13.66-1 via the upgrade scripts. I then used the asterisk-version-switch to upgrade to Asterisk 13 and then used the remaining scripts to bring the system up to 10.13.66-6. I have gone through the /var/log/pbx/ logs and don’t see any errors so I was hoping that someone here could help point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance,

Joe

1 Like

I had the same problem.
I rolledback the FreePBX Framework to 13.0.33 via the module admin.
Now it works fine

1 Like

Thanks Pierluigi but that doesn’t seem to be an option for me at this point. I am at Framework 13.0.38 and the only actions I have available for me in Module Admin is “No Action” and “Force Download and Install 13.0.38”. I did try to force the reinstall to see if it might clean up some things but there was no change for me. I checked the fwconsole help and didn’t see a method of rolling back via the CLI. Is it something I am missing or is the GUI the only way to rollback modules?

You need to press the check-online button at the top of the page, then click on FreePBX Framework and from the left-side panel select Previous.
Here you have some of the versions, choose 10.0.33 and select rollback.

You both have a file on your system with invalid UTF8. Meaning it was uploaded and now has corrupt characters in the filename

One would have thought that the whoops code could perhaps identified the file name that has any “corrupt” UTF8 characters :wink: (I’m a little confused by what one of those might actually be :slight_smile: )

Too bad we are using PHP, not doable.

[FREEPBX-11058] FreePBX Framwork Crash after Upgrade to 13.0.29 - Sangoma Issue Tracker

And a quite old and unsupported one any more at that :slight_smile:

You can discuss that with the developers of CentOS.

(This is still an issue in PHP 5.6 so why does that comment even matter?)

I don’t use Centos , that for one particular reason, it is your “force play” . . .

Dicko,

Please remind me. Why are we having this conversation? Let’s keep on point please.

Because you baldly stated

. . . what exactly are they?

Right. That is the error and as I previously explained, I can’t tell you the file name. I know that’s not enough for you so why don’t you please see the ticket I linked to above for more information about what we are doing to solve it and much MUCH more!

Thanks, then no problem after the OP et al downgrade framework to 13.0.27 or 13.0.28 as necessary until it works again.

I will watch that post indeed, I suggest that you just might possibly have got your first two posts in reverse order, otherwise there would have been no contention, just a solution.

This is now resolved in the latest Framework

Thanks folks for all of your help so far. I brought up another instance of this server from backup so that it would be usable today and am having problems (Completely unrelated to my post) getting into the original one this evening. I did leave the original server in the same state so that I could do testing on it based upon any suggestions but it looks like it will have to wait until tomorrow evening for me to get in and tinker with it again. I am running through the same steps on a different server tonight and am hoping that it goes smoothly so I don’t have to bug you guys again so quickly

Thank-you so much, for me a moh file generated the error .
Now with latest it’s working very well.