Upgrade from 32 to 64bits

Hi, in process of upgrading from 2.9 to 2.10 and finding I had to do a bunch of updates in http://www.freepbx.org/forum/freepbx-distro/distro-discussion-help/stable-release-versions
I was wondering if there is a path from 32 -> 64 bits. It seems that the 64bit distro is stable and I would prefer to do an upgrade rather than a new install.

Thanks!

That answer is better but there is a 64bit distro of FreePBX…Where does that leave Asterisk

I’m not sure I’m 100% up to date on this but there was when I last looked no official support for Asterisk on a 64-bit platform. That’s not to say that it doesn’t work because it does but Digium don’t support that.

In short the answer is ‘no’.

Start afresh using a 64-bit install if that is what you desire.

FreePBX does not contain bindary, it’s an uncompiled language, so the PHP installed in Apache is 64 bit.

As a courtesy Digium distributes binary RPM’s of Asterisk, however Asterisk is actually distributed as source code. If you build Asterisk on a 64bit machine you get 64 bit Asterisk capable of accessing the entire 64bit address space.

Asterisk might not be optimized for it, but the memory is there for Asterisk use.

FreePBX team creates a distribution called, “the FreePBX distro”. It seems everyone confuses the distro with FreePBX software. They are two different projects. The FreePBX distro has a 64bit version.

Is this clear as mud?