Upgrade from 2.11 to 15: After move: "manager.c:3560 authenticate: 127.0.0.1 failed to authenticate as 'amanager'"

I did a complete backup on the old one then restored to 15.

Looking at the original 2.11 PBX, I see someone changed Asterisk Manager User to “amanager.”

Now on the newest FreePBX 15, I cannot even reach the advanced settings, so I went into manager.conf, manager_additonal.conf, and manager_custom.conf and see there is no [amanager] section.

I added [amanager] section in manager_custom.conf, but still I am getting the same issue in FreePBX, “can not connect to asterisk.”

Any more ideas?

Thanks!

The Asterisk Manger settings in Advanced Settings needs to match the content of /etc/asterisk/manager.conf

Or from the Command line:

# cat /etc/asterisk/manager.conf
   *snip
[admin]
secret = password
   *snip
# fwconsole setting AMPMGRUSER admin
# fwconsole setting AMPMGRPASS password

Yes, I am aware of that. “amanager” is from the old PBX version 2.11.

There is an [admin] section, but as shown from the log/CLI output, it is looking for “amanager” which I have added, but still I am getting the same message. Hence why I am asking about anything I am missing about this.

I don’t know what was done on the system you migrated from, but the correct config for FreePBX AMI credentials is as in manager.conf. It will probably be the admin user and the secret is as generated

The [admin] section is there, but I cannot access the Advanced Settings to make changes.

Anything else?

Or from the Command line:

# cat /etc/asterisk/manager.conf
   *snip
[admin]
secret = password
   *snip

I am not sure what you are getting at with that.

Using “nano /etc/asterisk/manager.conf”

I added from the old PBX

[amanager]
secret =xxxxx

You have an admin section already in manager.conf so the only thing you need to do is run the fwconsole commands with the AMI credentials.

1 Like

Thanks a lot, and for the clarification! Learn something new about this all the time!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.