Upgrade from 10.13.66-17 fails

trying to upgrade the distro from System Manager, current version 10.13.66-17, Asterisk 13.12.1, modules are up to date.

after upgrade completes, GUI shows “Failed to connect to Asterisk”, and under Reports-Asterisk info it shows Current Asterisk Version 0, of course all endpoints (PJ-SIP) go offline

tried fwconsole restart from the CLI and then a reboot, no change

Same result in trying to upgrade to 66-18 or 66-19

One other nearly identical server (not as many commercial modules) had no problem going from 66-17 to 66-18, then to 66-19

What does the asterisk logfile show?

I don’t know which specific logfile to look at, I don’t really see anything.

I ran the update script from putty with the same result and have saved the output from putty,

seems to be a lot of errors,

Can anyone tell me where to look?

fwconole restart shows this nice nugget

Unable to run Pre-Asterisk hooks, because Asterisk is already running on PID 26274 and has been running for ERROR

putty output.tgz (12.9 KB)

The upgrade scripts log to /var/log/pbx/upgrade/

Your RPM database is corrupt:

Running Transaction
  Updating   : asterisk13-core-13.14.0-2.shmz65.1.156.x86_64                                            1/125
error: db3 error(-30986) from dbcursor->c_get: DB_PAGE_NOTFOUND: Requested page not found
error: error(-30986) getting "" records from Requireversion index
error: db3 error(-30986) from dbcursor->c_get: DB_PAGE_NOTFOUND: Requested page not found

Others are more qualified to recommend a fix. If it was my PBX and I had a backup, I would run:

rpm --rebuilddb

Thank you gentlemen, ran the rebuild command, and performed the upgrade script without issues.

Looking at the upgrade log files as I type.

Thanks again!

1 Like