Upgrade 13 to 14?

do you guys recommend upgrading to 14? I don’t see it as an option with I run the CLI command to switch versions.

Asterisk or FreePBX?

On my FreePBX 14 system I can switch to Asterisk 14… I don’t believe it’s possible with FreePBX 13…

Have a nice day!

Nick

edit: My guess is you mean Asterisk and you can only switch to it with FreePBX 14 I believe…

I just upgraded from 13 to 14 las night. A few hiccups but so far everything is good.

List of some problems I encountered, nothing too serious:

• fail2ban went on a rampage and blacklisted everything on the LAN that was trying to acces web interface
  • I had to reconfigure some email settings
  • Some options we’re showing enabled while in fact they we’re disabled (I didn’t take note of which ones, it was getting late)
  • I had to reinstall a few modules

13 to 14 upgrade tool missing from gui. Why don’t have I that option?

We have removed it from the FreePBX Distro at this time.

does that mean it’s not a good idea to upgrade?

The upgrade module is not what you should use on the FreePBX distro since not only FreePBX must be updated but the OS as well.

When it sees that you are using the FreePBX distro it tells you to use the distro upgrade “script” which is still beta.

Quite a few people did not read the BIG note about it being beta so that’s probably why they no longer offer it from there for now.

You can still download the distro upgrade “script” manually, it just is no longer offered from the FreePBX UI…

Have a nice day,

Nick

Meaning? that there won’t be a supported 13 to 14 upgrade script? Mmmm…

What are the main reasons you would want to upgrade to 14?

How did you come to that conclusion?

If you are not using the FreePBX distro, there is already a supported way to do this and this is why the upgrade module is shown when you are not using the FreePBX distro.

If you are using the FreePBX 13 distro in 64-bit, there is a beta that will eventually become stable and the recommended way to do it.

I assume that when it does, the upgrade module will reappear for the FreePBX distro if only to tell you how to upgrade your FreePBX distro…

If you are using the FreePBX 13 distro in 32-bit, it won’t be an in-place upgrade… You will need to do something like backup in 32-bit and restore in 64-bit then upgrade to FreePBX 14/Sangoma 7.

The beta upgrade script is publicly available, it’s up to you to decide if you wish to use a beta on your FreePBX system.

re: Sangoma Documentation

After running it you might end up with a working system or a broken one, for some people it went smoothly while for others there were multiple dependency problems.

The latest script are definitely better than the early ones, when I ran it it was the first publicly available one and I had to fix quite a few things on my system but I did end up with a working system in the end.

Good luck (if you try it, make sure you have good backups if you do) and have a nice day!

Nick

2 Likes

Sorry, I missed this…

I guess the best answer to this question might be this:

Have a nice day!

Nick

It looks like the beta script at https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/PPS/Upgrading+from+Distro+6 has been taken down. What’s the latest suggestion on getting from FreePBX 13 distro to FreePBX 14?

https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/PPS/Upgrading+from+FreePBX+10.13.66+to+SNG7

1 Like

The top of that page says

This script should only be used on PBXact and FreePBX 10.13.66-X systems

I’m running FreePBX 13.0.192.19. Is that still safe to use?

Yes. Distro ver is as shown in System Admin, Activation.

Ah, gotcha. Thanks!

I have PBXact 13.0.195 / 10.13.66-22 and it does not have “13-14 Upgrade Tool” on admin menu, but my fully updated FreePBX 13 Distro 10.13.66-22 has the tool on the Admin menu.

I the upgrade tool not ready for PBXact?