FreePbx distro install.
Upgraded from 22.214.171.124-2, sequentially to 126.96.36.199-2.
Found that an existing Backup/Restore configuration had been migrated and renamed MIGRATED_Daily.
After the system was running for a few hours I was unable to access the web interface. I reboot and found that around 15 processes of gzip were running.
Upon checking the /var/spool/asterisk/backup/MIGRATED_Daily directory this morning I found over 400 backup files were made in just over 6 hours.
I have since deleted the configuration as I did not find a way to disable it while saving the configuration settings.