Updating fax detection setting on inbound route causes an error

I have installed freepbx version 13 with asterisk 13 recently. We have migrated the majority of the user data from the old asterisk 11 system. Really liking the changes to the interface and functionality but we are having one major issue; when attempting to add fax detection on any inbound DID the follow error is occurring “PDOException (23000) SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1048 Column ‘legacy_email’ cannot be null”. In the left panel there are multiple paths defined with specific lines.

1. PDOException /­var/­www/­html/­admin/­libraries/­BMO/­Database.class.php136
  2. PDO query /­var/­www/­html/­admin/­libraries/­BMO/­Database.class.php136
  3. FreePBX\Database sql_query /­var/­www/­html/­admin/­libraries/­BMO/­Database.class.php105
  4. FreePBX\Database sql /­var/­www/­html/­admin/­libraries/­DB.class.php235
  5. DB sql /­var/­www/­html/­admin/­libraries/­sql.functions.php29
  6. sql /­var/­www/­html/­admin/­modules/­fax/­functions.inc.php484
  7. fax_save_incoming /­var/­www/­html/­admin/­modules/­fax/­Fax.class.php60
  8. Fax doConfigPageInit /­var/­www/­html/­admin/­libraries/­BMO/­GuiHooks.class.php290
  9. FreePBX\GuiHooks doBMOConfigPage /­var/­www/­html/­admin/­libraries/­BMO/­GuiHooks.class.php279
  10. FreePBX\GuiHooks doConfigPageInits /­var/­www/­html/­admin/­config.php340

If you need anymore information to assist in this troubleshooting please let me know. Thank you in advance for your assistance and I apologize for my lack of knowledge but am fairly unfamiliar with the freepbx community.

The legacy email field is in Settings, Fax Configuration, Email Address. Is that field populated?

Please file a bug at http://issues.freepbx.org

Yes there is an email address in the outgoing email address of [email protected]. This is an active usable mailbox on the mail server. I will file a bug but am curious if there is another/better way to handle the fax detection?

I am unable to reproduce this with the information provided, it maybe a bit premature to file a bug. What are you using for a fax destination in the inbound route?

I am selecting a fax recipient from the users defined in the User Management tab.

This was an error that was caused by the importing of data from the version 12 asterisk into the new system. I did a restore to an unmodified copy of the original database and the error no longer exists. I am not sure where my mistake was but will be a bit more diligent in the data verification prior to the new import process.
lgaetz - Thank you for the assistance.

1 Like