Updates not applying until full reboot of system

I seem to have a recurring issue the past week or two.
It seems like any changed are not actually applied after clicking the red "Apply Button"
Today for example. I added 3 extensions to the system. All good the show in the extension module, but I was unable to register the phones. Message in the asterisk logs was saying bad password. But when I go into the Asterisk info in reports also filter out Peers, the 3 that I added don’t show on the list. If I do a system reboot they appear and all of a sudden the phones register. Same issue with inbound routes. Anyone else ever had a similar issue or any ideas?
It’s frustrating now as we have a couple of hundred endpoints from coast to coast on this system so I can’t just reboot whenever.
Asterisk 13.14.0
FreePBX 13.0.190.19

Are you seeing Asterisk crash/restart when you ‘Apply Config’?

No. It all looks good. No errors and everything that is already in there works fine

Hmmm, humor me anyway, what is the output of:

yum list asterisk13.*
[[email protected] ~]# yum list asterisk13.*
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, kmod
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
base                                                     | 2.0 kB     00:00
extras                                                   | 1.3 kB     00:00
pbx                                                      | 2.9 kB     00:00
schmooze-commercial                                      | 2.9 kB     00:00
updates                                                  | 1.3 kB     00:00
Installed Packages
asterisk13.x86_64                  13.14.0-2.shmz65.1.156                   @pbx
[[email protected] ~]#

So that was a dead end. Sorry, I don’t know what is going on, and am unable to reproduce this.

Thanks for looking anyway. Been banging my head against a wall over this. Very frustrating.

Hi!

Are you seeing any activity in the logs when you “Apply Config”?

Is it possible it might currently be doing nothing at all currently?

Have you tried clearing your browser cache, using another browser, etc?

Have you recently changed antivirus (or something similar)? Could it be blocking some Javascript, etc…?

If nothing seems to be wrong on Asterisk’s side then maybe the problem is not there…

Good luck and have a nice day!

Nick

Also, If it makes any difference. We’re running this on a virtual machine.

Nick, no have not checked the logs, but will do some updated later and check while I apply config.
But we’re not blocking anything for sure

This is getting crazy now. Nothing takes until a reboot. One office without power so changes inbound route to ring someones cell. But nothing… Have to reboot again… There must be some solution

When you press “Apply Config” in the GUI, you are telling FreePBX to rewrite all the conf files, and telling Asterisk to do a core reload. Presumably the first step works, or a reboot would not fix, but the second step fails. You may be able to manually reload at the CLI (or perhaps get a clue to the failure) with:

asterisk -rvvv
core reload

unfortunately, there will be hundreds of lines of output, and many errors or warnings are harmless

HI Lorne. Is there something I can look for in my asterisk logs to see if the reload part takes place when I click the “Apply Config” button.

One more question. Which may be my answer… The Core reload… Is that a “When convenient” ie. Will it not reload if someone is on the phone