Updates did not start. Incron error?

Maybe a reboot without reinstalling would also help.

I tried that, that didn’t help. Now to get centos7.6 to install, it says it installed last night, but it still shows I’m running 12.7.5-1902-3.sng7 on interface

yum downgrade incron
fwconsole restart

I’m not tried to update centos to 7.6 on my production environment.

Ok, I understand. I tried, but it seems like it failed somehow

Removing the lines from /etc/incron.d/legacy and rebooting the box worked for me.

Manual changes like that break the “normal” flow.

When an update causes issues, you roll it back and wait for the fix.

Sure, but part of the “community” is that we share resolutions so that it can aid @tm1000 and his team in quickly finding a fix. I don’t think anyone here is under the illusion that we’re discussing a permanent solution. Also, some of us test things for exactly this reason.

2 Likes

This should fix it

wget http://mirror1.freepbx.org/incron-0.5.10-11.sng7.x86_64.rpm
yum install incron-0.5.10-11.sng7.x86_64.rpm

Yum can install right from the URL.

[jbusch@watson ~]$ sudo yum install http://mirror1.freepbx.org/incron-0.5.10-11.sng7.x86_64.rpm
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, versionlock
incron-0.5.10-11.sng7.x86_64.rpm                                                                                |  91 kB  00:00:00     
Examining /var/tmp/yum-root-kan9ZD/incron-0.5.10-11.sng7.x86_64.rpm: 1:incron-0.5.10-11.sng7.x86_64
Marking /var/tmp/yum-root-kan9ZD/incron-0.5.10-11.sng7.x86_64.rpm as an update to incron-0.5.10-10.sng7.x86_64
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package incron.x86_64 0:0.5.10-10.sng7 will be updated
---> Package incron.x86_64 1:0.5.10-11.sng7 will be an update
--> Finished Dependency Resolution

Dependencies Resolved

=======================================================================================================================================
 Package                Arch                   Version                             Repository                                     Size
=======================================================================================================================================
Updating:
 incron                 x86_64                 1:0.5.10-11.sng7                    /incron-0.5.10-11.sng7.x86_64                 250 k

Transaction Summary
Upgrade  1 Package

Total size: 250 k
Is this ok [y/d/N]: y
Downloading packages:
Running transaction check
Running transaction test
Transaction test succeeded
Running transaction
  Updating   : 1:incron-0.5.10-11.sng7.x86_64                                                                                      1/2 
  Cleanup    : incron-0.5.10-10.sng7.x86_64                                                                                        2/2 
  Verifying  : 1:incron-0.5.10-11.sng7.x86_64                                                                                      1/2 
  Verifying  : incron-0.5.10-10.sng7.x86_64                                                                                        2/2 

Updated:
  incron.x86_64 1:0.5.10-11.sng7                                                                                                       

Complete!

Subsequently restarted and such. no issues.

fwconsole restart
fwconsole reload
1 Like

Ah nice. Just didnt try that

Re: FreePBX 14.0.10.3

I ran system update with yum. Now the firewall service not running. I read the online forum related to this issue. Many questioned on the incrond service. I verified the service is active (running). It seems the only viable option is to reinstall the firewall. My question is: how to reinstall the firewall on the command line. I no longer have access to the web-gui.

Please help,

I ran “fwconsole ma uninstall firewall” follow by “fwconsole reload”. I got back my web-gui. But now I have no firewall…

Re: FreePBX 14.0.10.3

I ran system update with yum. Now the firewall service not running. I read the online forum related to this issue. Many questioned on the incrond service. I verified the service is active (running). It seems the only viable option is to reinstall the firewall. My question is: how to reinstall the firewall on the command line. I no longer have access to the web-gui.

Please help,

After reinstalling the firewall and began the configuration, the same error comes backup “Hook file ‘/var/spool/asterisk/incron/firewall.firewall’ was not picked up
by Incron after 5 seconds. Is it not running?” I checked the service again “systemctl status incrond” again it says “Active (running)”. However, I tried to restart the service “systemctl status incrond” I get “Error: No space left on device”. There is lot of space in the hard drive. What’s going on?

yum upgrade -y

Checked a production system and yum update still shows this.

Resolving Dependencies
---> Package incron.x86_64 0:0.5.12-11.el7 will be an update

Will the fixed package incron-0.5.10-11.sng7.x86_64 be available soon via normal yum update?

It’s already there. Has been for about an hour now.

Hmm. not showing up to me yet. Guess I will be patient.

[jbusch@pbx ~]$ sudo yum clean all
Cleaning repos: sng-base sng-epel sng-extras sng-pkgs sng-updates zerotier
Cleaning up list of fastest mirrors
[jbusch@pbx ~]$ sudo yum update 
Determining fastest mirrors
sng-base                                                                                                     | 3.6 kB  00:00:00     
sng-epel                                                                                                     | 4.7 kB  00:00:00     
sng-extras                                                                                                   | 3.4 kB  00:00:00     
sng-pkgs                                                                                                     | 3.4 kB  00:00:00     
sng-updates                                                                                                  | 3.4 kB  00:00:00     
zerotier                                                                                                     | 2.9 kB  00:00:00     
(1/9): sng-epel/7/x86_64/group_gz                                                                            |  88 kB  00:00:00     
(2/9): sng-base/7/x86_64/group_gz                                                                            | 166 kB  00:00:00     
(3/9): sng-epel/7/x86_64/updateinfo                                                                          | 989 kB  00:00:00     
(4/9): sng-pkgs/7/x86_64/primary_db                                                                          | 660 kB  00:00:00     
(5/9): sng-base/7/x86_64/primary_db                                                                          | 5.9 MB  00:00:00     
(6/9): sng-updates/7/x86_64/primary_db                                                                       | 6.0 MB  00:00:00     
(7/9): sng-epel/7/x86_64/primary_db                                                                          | 6.7 MB  00:00:00     
(8/9): sng-extras/7/x86_64/primary_db                                                                        | 205 kB  00:00:00     
(9/9): zerotier/primary_db                                                                                   | 2.7 kB  00:00:00     
Resolving Dependencies
---> Package incron.x86_64 0:0.5.12-11.el7 will be an update

Dependencies Resolved

====================================================================================================================================
 Package                      Arch                         Version                             Repository                      Size
====================================================================================================================================
Updating:
 incron                       x86_64                       0.5.12-11.el7                       sng-epel                        96 k

Transaction Summary
Upgrade  1 Package

Total download size: 96 k
Is this ok [y/d/N]: n
Exiting on user command

Our PBX was frequently de-registering, and when I restarted the ‘freepbx’ service, it would display a “No space left on device” message–even though every disk partition had plenty of space. I found that same string in /var/log/cron pertaining to incron, and here I am.

The search also turned up a page on github (which I would add as a link if noobs like me were allowed to, but you can find it at /ar-/incron/issues/37), and when I followed its instructions to increase the allowed number of watches from 8192 to 16384, I no longer got the “No space left on device” message when restarting the ‘freepbx’ service. No idea if this is a permanent solution or a band-aid, though.