Unable to write to /etc/wanpipe/global.conf

(Corydon) #1

I notice there was a warning on the system overview occurred 7 hour ago.
“Unable to write to /etc/wanpipe/global.conf
Please change permissions on /etc/wanpipe/global.conf or disable Sangoma DIGIUM mode”

What would be impacted and How could I fix it?

Thanks!

corydon

(Kapil Gupta) #2

Please try ‘fwconsole chown’

thanks.

(Corydon) #3

@kgupta1,

do you mean in Asterisk CLI

“fwconsole chown” ?

any parameter is needed. What does the command do?

Thanks!

corydon

(Kapil Gupta) #4

Hi @corydon SSH to your freepbx and execute this command. this is linux cli command.

fwconsole chown

this command will set the proper permissions to Freepbx system related files.

(Corydon) #5

The warning is still there after fwconsole chown

(Kapil Gupta) #6

Is " /etc/wanpipe/global.conf " file present in your system ? If file present with contents (some wanpipe related config parameters) then try ’ fwconsole r’ .

If file not present then try to create file by “touch /etc/wanpipe/global.conf” and please ensure permission of this file is “asterisk:asterisk” and again try to generate DAHDI configuration.

(Corydon) #7

@kgupta1, I am not sure if global.conf is present. The normal linux command seems not working.
after ssh, I can only ll or ls. I tried cd/etc but didn’t work. How could I access system via normal linux commands?

Thanks!

corydon

(Corydon) #8

I created an empty global.conf under /etc/wanpipe and rebooted the system
but the waring is still there. here is the result of ls -l
-rwxr-xr-x 1 asterisk asterisk 0 May 21 21:00 global.conf

how could I process further?

Thanks!

corydon

Just delete the warning

(Corydon) #10

How could I delete it?
And what is this file used for?

tks.

Not the file, the warning

(Corydon) #12

Sorry, I meant deleting the warning. how to?

Just go into the dashboard and delete the warning

(Nachbar) #14

Thanks, @arielgrin.

I had the same problem. The /etc/wanpipe/global.conf file existed, with owner asterisk:asterisk, with content, with file permissions for both /etc/wanpipe/global.conf and /etc/wanpipe/ allowing the asterisk user to write, and with a timestamp indicating that /etc/wanpipe/global.conf is being written with each fwconsole r.

The error message appeared on the dashboard as well as with fwconsole notification --list invocation.

Clicking the “x” on the warning in the dashboard made the warning go away on both the dashboard and fwconsole notification --list

(system) closed #15

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.