Unable to make International calls but able to dial northamerica

Then you should report it. I mean, not here since this isn’t a FreePBX install. You need to report this with the IncrediblePBX crew.

After trying out the pbx for 24 hours… it looks like the issue came back again.
This is the possible conclusion i came to which can change ofcourse. my New pbx is on a vps now. the same version is also installed in one one my old pc that i use as file server. so when i turn on all my trunk to my local machine… local and long distance calls are turning out to be 100% success always with port forwarding enabled in my local router ofcourse. but when i turn on the same trunks installed in vps with exact same configuration right away my international calls coming back with congestion and local calls are fine… I am not able to guess any theories behind it… i did how ever let one of my trunk carrier localphone to know about this issue and incase and asked them to whitelist my vps server ip incase if that what causing it… My other trunk voipbuster does not even have a customer service to open a ticket for.

Note: i found a step in the installation procedure:

remember to enable TUN/TAP if using VPS Control Panel

reconfigure PortKnocker if installing on an OpenVZ platform echo ‘OPTIONS="-i venet0:0"’ >> /etc/sysconfig/knockd

service knockd restart

can you guys please please tell me what TUN/TAP is and should i reconfigure PortKnocker. last time i tried doing that and PortKnocker when down and never came back up.

Thanks for your time guys…

Wrong forum , go to, Ward’s pbxinaflash for help with portknocker.

OK, So I got a response back from localphone and they suggested not to include 011 before the phone number… for international calls only dial country code + phone number… I tried making 10 international calls and all 10 calls went through right away for both of my outgoing trunk… I had to update dial patterns in outbound route to 88. as i want to allow international calls only to bangladesh and which did the trick.

I hope this is it… Thanks for your help and suggestions… learned a lot…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.