Unable to locate AUTHTYPE in advanced settings

I must admit, I saw that setting and thought it would do what I needed, but was sure I’d screw something up if I set it to false. But, since you said it would do what I want I took a chance, and it worked as desired.

Yes, that does indeed disable ampdbuser “asteriskuser” from login. Awesome! however, you mentioned that asteriskuser / amp109 is no longer used, which somehow is STILL working on my system. In otherwords, it’s in amportal.conf, and I can login with those credentials when “allow login with DB credentials” is true. Perhaps that is a result from upgrading from 2.9 to 2.10, as opposed to using a native 2.10 install? Is there someway to force a new user/password combo to be generated?

Might be good to adjust some of the popup help text in “advanced settings” that insinuates AMPDBUSER/AMPDBPASS CAN be set in advanced settings, which you seem to be saying ISN’T allowed. Low priority item though…

At any rate, my FreePBX GUI login seems to now be limited to those stipulated in admin list, and things appear to be working. Again, many many thanks for your unwavering help and pointing out some of the darker corners of FreePBX settings.

If you want to change the popup text we would love to have the help. Write it up and enter a trac ticket. Include your recommendation for the exact verbage as we will just cut and paste it into the code.

Yes, you inherited your settings from 2.9 so all you have to do is change the account password in mysql, update the etc/asterisk/freepbx.conf to reflect the changes and perform an amportal restart.

Now, all I have to do is figure out what the root password is for mysql and Ill change the password for “asteriskuser”. unfortunately, I have NO idea what PIAF installer used to set up mysql root account. Im guessing until I do that, the asterisk DB is at risk from outside attacks…

I will provide text changes. How do you wish for me to identify each item? by text string? should I file a single ticket or one for each item?

The crew at pbxiaf should be able to help you with mysql account info.

please file a ticket per module and list the proposed text with the associated variable.

Thank you for the willingness to help.

And what about the “legacy” entry for AMPDBPASS in amportal.conf? Are there any other locations to change that you know of?

I’m sure you have read the stories of people changing passwords for AMPDBUSER, having MySQL access stop, then not being able to get access again after reverting back…

I can’t stress this enough, /etc/asterisk/freepbx.conf, that is where the DB info goes. FreePBX writes to amportal.conf (that takes care of ARI and 3rd party).

If you follow my directions you won’t have any issues:

mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON asteriskcdrdb.* TO asteriskuser@localhost IDENTIFIED BY 'amp109';
		Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON asterisk.* TO asteriskuser@localhost IDENTIFIED BY 'amp109';
		Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

Then add settings to /etc/asterisk/freepbx.conf

run ‘amportal restart’

and you are good to go.

I sorta feel like a broken record here.

Sorry about that.

I didn’t realize that running “amportal restart” from cmdline would rewrite amportal.conf. I thought that the rewrite happened during GUI “saves”, and that red “apply” button did an “amportal restart”

I only see a “freepbx.conf” in /etc, not /etc/asterisk. That has the credentials so I’m guessing that is the location.

The grants seem to already exist as “asteriskuser” can see all those DBs and tables. I just need to find the piaf mysql password for “root” so I can change “asteriskuser” password WITHIN MySQL prior to making change in freepbx.conf

what happens if you type mysql without a password or any cmd line arguments?

You are correct, the location is /etc/freepbx.conf

Let me make sure that amportal rewrites the config, I know it read it.

Almost everything you said worked as advertised. however, amportal.conf DIDN’T get rewritten on amportal restart, so I had to manually update the “bottom” where “old” asteriskuser password was still present.

After the changes, everything seems to still be working on GUI, so changes must be ok.

Again, thanks for your patience and assistance, and I will file the text changes, and a feature request.

Thanks again

Once again, don’t manually update amportal.conf. I can’t stress this enough.

I believe an ‘amportal admin reload’ will take care of it.

If you need to set a variable name by hand:

[root@Lake-ESC bin]# ./freepbx_setting
Usage:
./freepbx_setting RAW_SETTING_NAME <value>
RAW_SETTING_NAME is case sensitive and almost always all CAPS
Boolean settings should be set with 0 for false and 1 for true

[root@Lake-ESC bin]#

Sadly, I have already done so, but if it’s any consolation, I didn’t enjoy it. I doubt you would advocate manually “undoing” my one-line change to amportal.conf, and then using tools, would you? If you think I should, I will.

I was not aware of these tools, so will use them going forward.

Thanks

not able to find this in any bin directories Ive looked, so clearly I missed one. where would it normally be located?

thanks

/var/lib/asterisk/bin