Unable to have DIDs ring directly

I have setup an Asteriks system and have outbound and inbound calling working. However, I cannot call any of my DID numbers directly and have them ring to the extension from the outside world.

1. I configured the extensions and they are online with our SIP provider. In this case it is Nextiva.

2. I setup inbound routes for each of these DIDs, assigned the DID number in the DID number field and set their destinations to the desired extension.

The issue is that I am unable to dial any of these DIDs from the outside world and have it connect directly to that phone. I can only connect to the extensions externally if I configure a default inbound route and configure the destination to our directoy where they can define the persons name. This works without any issues.

**** Note: When I use the configuration with the default route I am able to dial any of the DIDs from the outside world and it will route me to our directory where I can then connect to the extension by entering the persons name.

*** I also had the destination on the default route set to extensions and ring groups which also works.

What setting am I missing here?

Asterisk is a Back2BackUserAgent, you need your extensions to be registered with Asterisk not your SIP provider. Please read the wiki

http://wiki.freepbx.org/

I am not sure I understand what you mean? Our SIP provider will not be able to route calls for our DIDs unless we are registered with them, correct?

I am unable to access the link you posted. It states I do not have permission when I attempt to access it.

I am not sure I understand what you mean either. you stated:-

1. I configured the extensions and they are online with our SIP provider. In this case it is Nextiva.

They need to be “online” with your asterisk box. Your provider will route your individual incoming DIDs to the asterisk box, the Asterisk box will then by means of your inbound routeing setup, deliver them individually to wherever you direct them to, be that an extension ring-group etc.

As to why you can’t get to the wiki, I have no idea, but it is also linked to at the top of this page under both support and community.

All of my configurations were correct except for the having the actual DID number defined in the DID field on the inbound routes. I needed to populate it with the username and not the actual DID. I was fortunate enough to find this on another post. I am not sure if this is something specific to using Nextiva as the SIP provider, but all other articles I read indicated to use the actual DID number in the DID field on the inbound route.

As soon as I changed the DID field on the inbound route to the username it worked!!!