Unable to find Asterisk Results

Unable to find asterisk results after upgrade to FreePBX 13.

That is because (as said before) Asterisk and FreePBX can’t talk to each other

Just trying to learn here as I am confused. The post is confusing… it is leaning me to think the OP is wondering why the check mark is not there under ‘Asterisk’.

I have the same version as the OP and I have the check mark.

Is my FreePBX and Asterisk 'talking" to each other or am I really missing something here.

Hi!

[quote=“johnjces, post:3, topic:31043, full:true”]
Just trying to learn here as I am confused. The post is confusing… it is leaning me to think the OP is wondering why the check mark is not there under ‘Asterisk’.[/quote]

Your system is OK and her/his is not if it has been up for a while…

(If I recall correctly you can also get the little fire? icon (s)he has when the system has been rebooted in the last 10 minutes…)

There is most likely something which is stopping her/his Asterisk from starting correctly… Yours appear OK, don’t worry…

(At least as far as being started, it doesn’t mean it is properly configured…)

Have a nice day!

Nick

I’m pretty sure it’s a triangle, isn’t it?

Yep, it’s a triangle. The OP’s problem is that he’s doing stuff offline with @tm1000 that’s leaking over here. (Basically, he’s not following the install guide, and then wondering why stuff is breaking! 8-))

This has nothing to do with following an installation guideline @xrobau. This problem started after the upgrade to version 13 which crashed during the upgrade. I have been working offline with @tm1000 and he has basically said there is nothing else he can do to make Asterisk and freePBX talk to each other. I am just trying to seek any other help if @tm1000 is no longer able to assist. Isnt this the purpose of the forum?. to get assistance from other users that are having the same issue, and from my research on the forum I am not the only member having this problem.

For those that are following along at home, this was originally an Elastix system.

This is where the problem is - Elastix machines can’t be upgraded outside of the Elastix ecosystem. This is nothing unusual, if you add Epel to your FreePBX Distro machine and upgrade Asterisk from there, it’ll break stuff, too.

We do try to keep stuff a lot more standard, though, so that if you DO decide to add epel, the absolute worst that would happen is Dahdi hardware breaking. We hope :sunglasses:

Hi Rob!

You are right… That’s what happens when I reply when I should be sleeping… :wink:

I kinda had gathered from @tm1000 reply that this was a continuation of a previous discussion (which I believe I had read too)…

Have a nice day!

Nick

So how can you fix this. A fwconsole restart, a reboot What else can I try ?

You should start a new thread. This thread is over a year old and isn’t relevant anymore.