Unable to connect to the UCP Node Server. Error: xhr poll error

Is this any indication of the problem? Not sure if that is supposed to be generic or if it’s pulling that from the database.

" This section will add this user to the Chat service. The Chat service is a local XMPP server that runs on your machine. The user can then login to the XMPP server at “localhost” using “<username>@localhost”"

So I’m assuming that my XMPP server is just not set up correctly. The service claims to be running but not accessible by UCP from anywhere, even on the same LAN. Where can I look for setup instructions? All I’ve found is the one field in the XMPP module and the two ports set in Advanced Settings.

Setting “Enable TLS for NodeJS Server” to NO in Advanced Settings got rid of that message, so that’s a step in the right direction. I think it lends some credence to the idea that this is really a certificate issue.

I also still don’t know how to configure XMPP. All the old threads mention paying for it but I don’t think it’s a paid module anymore. Or at the very least I can’t seem to find it in the store anywhere.

1 Like

There has to be some simple setting somewhere causing xmpp to not run properly or at least not be accessible by UCP. Any last ideas before I punt this to support?

Having the same issue. Worked for a bit and then now the error is back. Ports are set correctly, local and off network connections produce the same error for all users. IP’s are in the trusted zone. Forced update to UCP, insured SSL Cert is installed and uptodate. UCP Node service is running.

Setting TLS Node to No did not resolve for me

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.