Unable to connect to internal or external numbers - getting unavailable message

I have been happily running FreePBX 2.6 for quite some time. Yesterday I noticed that there were a couple of updates so I let them run. The phone system seemed to be working afterwards since I had added a new WiFi phone to it and that seemed to be connecting OK. This morning it seems that dialling internal extension or external phones result in an unavailable message for the extension.

At this point I went and checked for further updates then found and applied 2.7 then 2.8. However this did not seem to change the outcome any. Looking through the logs I find this “unable to authenticate” error that seems to be a source of some of the problem.

dialparties.agi: Starting New Dialparties.agi
== Parsing ‘/etc/asterisk/manager.conf’: Found
== Parsing ‘/etc/asterisk/manager_additional.conf’: Found
== Parsing ‘/etc/asterisk/manager_custom.conf’: Found
== Connect attempt from ‘127.0.0.1’ unable to authenticate
– AGI Script dialparties.agi completed, returning 0

Looking in the Dialparties.agi I see where it is trying to find the manager userid and password then create a new AsteriskManager. Putting debug statments in here I found that the userid and password that it was getting was empty. So I hard-coded the userid and password and now internal calls work. As well calls made to the old PSTN line come through but calls made out through any trunk or in through either SIP lines do not.

I will guess that the problem is that something is not finding or retrieving the manager userid and password correctly or I don’t have it specified in a way that the recent updates to FreePBX understand. I am running Asterisk 1.2.26.1 if that matters.

Thanks for any input that you can provide.

M

As far as I can determine it would appear to be due to the configuration changes when I updated 2.6. I see that the old manager.conf is different from the current one but I have no idea why it does not (apparently) seem to be being read.

If possible I would like to fix this and get it back up and running again.

Any ideas will be gratefully received.

M