UK ISDN Call Failure Cause Messages

Can anyone help me to set up a good method of correctly reporting call failures for calls made out on our ISDN 30 Trunk. I did try setting up a custom macro in extensions_custom.conf, but in order to use it I had to modify extensions.conf. Of course the modified extensions.conf gets overwritten almost every time I upgrade. Also I am having great difficulty in setting the correct failure code so that I can pass a meaningful message to my users (is there a way I can just pass the BT error message through before the call gets terminated?).

As an example of the sort of message that I want my users to hear, some telephones are set to deny incoming calls. This appears to generate an error code of 55, but I need to be able to play back a message to that effect, with the default extensions.conf the only message that gets played is “All circuits are busy now”, which is not correct - it should be something like “This number does not accept incoming calls”.

Regards,
Dave.

I have discovered how to make changes in extensions.conf and keep them after an upgrade.

I’m not sure how long it’s been available, but in FreePBX 2.3.1 there is now an option to have an extensions_override_freepbx.conf file, which is read before the standard extensions.conf. It seems that macros are enabled in the order in which they are read by asterisk, so if macro-outisbusy is included in the override file, then this is the one that is used.

Regards,
Dave.