Ugrade to 2.9 Beta Stalled

My Freepbx and Asterisk were both patched to most current levels & went to perform the upgrade to the 2.9 Beta and it stalled part way through the upgrade process.

Here’s what processed and where it stalled…

Downloading framework 5152353 of 5152353 (100%)
Untarring…Done.
Checking for upgrades…2 found
Upgrading to 2.9.0alpha1…
-> Running PHP script /var/www/html/admin/modules/framework/upgrades//2.9.0alpha1/tables.php
Add field providedest to featurecodes…Done
Checking for schema changes for core’s users table.
Checking for noanswer_cid field…added
Checking for busy_cid field…added
Checking for chanunavail_cid field…added
Checking for noanswer_dest field…added
Checking for busy_dest field…added
Checking for chanunavail_dest field…added
-> Running PHP script /var/www/html/admin/modules/framework/upgrades//2.9.0alpha1/removefiles.php
Cleaning up deprecated or moved files:
Checking /var/www/html/admin/cdr/about.php…Removed
Checking /var/www/html/admin/modules/framework/htdocs/admin/cdr/about.php…Not Required
Checking /var/www/html/admin/common/content.css…Removed
Checking /var/www/html/admin/modules/framework/htdocs/admin/common/content.css…Not Required
Checking /var/www/html/admin/common/docbook.css…Removed
Checking /var/www/html/admin/modules/framework/htdocs/admin/common/docbook.css…Not Required
Checking /var/www/html/admin/common/encrypt.js…Removed
Checking /var/www/html/admin/modules/framework/htdocs/admin/common/encrypt.js…Not Required
Checking /var/www/html/admin/common/graph_hourdetail.php…Removed
Checking /var/www/html/admin/modules/framework/htdocs/admin/common/graph_hourdetail.php…Not Required
Checking /var/www/html/admin/common/graph_pie.phps…Not Required
Checking /var/www/html/admin/modules/framework/htdocs/admin/common/graph_pie.php…Not Required
Checking /var/www/html/admin/common/graph_statbar.php…Removed
Checking /var/www/html/admin/modules/framework/htdocs/admin/common/graph_statbar.php…Not Required
Checking /var/www/html/admin/common/graph_stat.php…Removed
Checking /var/www/html/admin/modules/framework/htdocs/admin/common/graph_stat.php…Not Required
Checking /var/www/html/admin/common/ie.css…Removed
Checking /var/www/html/admin/modules/framework/htdocs/admin/common/ie.css…Not Required
Checking /var/www/html/admin/common/interface.dim.js…Removed
Checking /var/www/html/admin/modules/framework/htdocs/admin/common/interface.dim.js…Not Required
Checking /var/www/html/admin/common/jquery-1.4.2.js…Removed
Checking /var/www/html/admin/modules/framework/htdocs/admin/common/jquery-1.4.2.js…Not Required
Checking /var/www/html/admin/common/jquery.cookie.js…Removed
Checking /var/www/html/admin/modules/framework/htdocs/admin/common/jquery.cookie.js…Not Required
Checking /var/www/html/admin/common/jquery.dimensions.js…Removed
Checking /var/www/html/admin/modules/framework/htdocs/admin/common/jquery.dimensions.js…Not Required
Checking /var/www/html/admin/common/jquery.toggleval.3.0.js…Removed
Checking /var/www/html/admin/modules/framework/htdocs/admin/common/jquery.toggleval.3.0.jss…Not Required
Checking /var/www/html/admin/common/jquery-ui-1.8.custom.min.jss…Not Required
Checking /var/www/html/admin/modules/framework/htdocs/admin/common/jquery-ui-1.8.custom.min.js…Not Required
Checking /var/www/html/admin/common/layout.css…Removed
Checking /var/www/html/admin/modules/framework/htdocs/admin/common/layout.css…Not Required
Checking /var/www/html/admin/common/php-asmanager.php…Removed
Checking /var/www/html/admin/modules/framework/htdocs/admin/common/php-asmanager.php…Not Required
Checking /var/www/html/admin/common/print.css…Removed
Checking /var/www/html/admin/modules/framework/htdocs/admin/common/print.css…Not Required
Checking /var/www/html/admin/common/script.legacy.js…Removed
Checking /var/www/html/admin/modules/framework/htdocs/admin/common/script.legacy.js…Not Required
Checking /var/www/html/admin/common/tabber-minimized.js…Removed
Checking /var/www/html/admin/modules/framework/htdocs/admin/common/tabber-minimized.js…Not Required
Checking /var/www/html/admin/components.class.php…Removed
Checking /var/www/html/admin/modules/framework/htdocs/admin/components.class.php…Not Required
Checking /var/www/html/admin/extensions.class.php…Removed
Checking /var/www/html/admin/modules/framework/htdocs/admin/extensions.class.php…Not Required
Checking /var/www/html/admin/favicon.ico…Removed
Checking /var/www/html/admin/modules/framework/htdocs/admin/favicon.ico…Not Required
Checking /var/www/html/admin/featurecodes.class.php…Removed
Checking /var/www/html/admin/modules/framework/htdocs/admin/featurecodes.class.php…Not Required
Checking /var/www/html/admin/header_auth.php…Removed
Checking /var/www/html/admin/modules/framework/htdocs/admin/header_auth.php…Not Required
Checking /var/www/html/admin/header.php…Removed
Checking /var/www/html/admin/modules/framework/htdocs/admin/header.php…Not Required
-> Running PHP script /var/www/html/admin/modules/framework/upgrades//2.9.0alpha1/migrate_ampconf.php
Checking for freepbx_settings table…created
Add field sortorder to freepbx_settings…Not Required
Initialize freepbx_conf settings…

Any suggestions on where I go from here?

It’s still stuck at that point, and I’m afraid if I reboot the system, it’s likely not going to come back up.

Thanks in advance for any help

Well I performed a reboot and as expected the web interface doesnt come up. The system appears to be functioning properly otherwise and I did receive an email stating there were a number of modules to be upgraded to 2.9

Is there was way to redo or complete the upgrade via the command line?

I can do a clean install if necessary, thought I would bring this up in case it is an upgrade or migration issue.

We are looking into this.

gw,

it’s been fixed.

If you need to recover a live system that is in the stuck process, then try this:

from the Linux Command Line:

amportal restart
/var/lib/asterisk/bin/module_admin install framework

that should fix you.

To fix the stalled install do the following in a shell on your pbx:
amportal restart
/var/lib/asterisk/bin/module_admin install framework
Then you will get access to FreePBX again and can continue the version upgrade by upgrading Core

Edit: include install in the command line

Thank you gentlemen!

I tried to do your module_admin command Mikael, but I think it was missing install so I used your amportal restart and Philippe’s command and it completed the process.

I am back online, so I’ll do the other upgrades and try to help out with feedback on the beta.

Thanks again, Glenn

oops, forgot to mention the amportal restart, added it, thanks mik