UCP High CPU Usage

(Jdennis) #1

We recently switched to the FreePBX 15 Distro. I’ve been chasing some high server load issues since the conversion. I believe I finally found the root of our problem. We have a handful of users that use the UCP. I had seen some other forums posts and bug reports of UCP using a high amount of CPU. I have completely disabled UCP and our overall server load(and CPU utilization) now seems much more stable.

I haven’t seen any suggestions for tweaks or fixes to get UCP to use a lower amount of CPU / load(short of completely removing it). Are others experiencing this issue? Is there anything I can do other than completely turning off UCP to resolve this issue? We have users that rely on UCP features and they are disappointed that we currently have it turned off.

What kind of server are you running on?

(Jdennis) #3

HP ProLiant DL360 Gen10, Intel Xeon Silver 4110 CPU @ 2.10GHz. Hypervisor is Debian Buster, running the FreePBX Distro in a VM with 4 vcpus and 8GB Ram and a dedicated network port.

Is it the node.js process that is consuming a lot of CPU?

(Jdennis) #5

Not that I’ve noticed. When I’ve checked top / htop in high load situations the high cpu usage of the asterisk processes has always overshadowed everything else.

Does that happen when the users are using the UCP phone or just when they are browsing through UCP?

The asterisk CPU usage doesn’t make a lot of sense. It might be a coincidence.

(Jdennis) #7

I don’t believe we had the UCP phone turned on, I’m certain no one was using that. As soon as the user logs into and starts using UCP we noticed a spike in the load. We tested that before we turned if off yesterday.

(system) closed #8

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.