Two sip trunks same provider different area codes

I have multiple locations on a freepbx distribution install each with unique did’s for area codes. My provider is sending them as two trunks. But since they are coming from the same URL asterisk is sending all calls out the first trunk and I getting a message that I am unautherized to use this number.

I want to provide strict rules for inbound outbound trunk can I get a guideline on what to tell my provider on how I can do this. I was told it is a c15.

It is often less confusing to make separate “trunk definitions” for inbound and outbound call routing purposes.

I can explain more in the morning but I am getting a ton of cant authenitcate siptrunk2 and all inboud outbound calls go out respected trunk but are seen the same on the provider. It throws errors all day but works so I am trying to narrow down what to do to legit fix.

That’s why it is a good idea to separate them, divide and conquer :wink:

[2015-08-31 08:16:41] NOTICE[2486]: chan_sip.c:15099 sip_reg_timeout: – Registration for ‘[email protected]’ timed out, trying again (Attempt #10385)
[2015-08-31 08:16:41] NOTICE[2486]: chan_sip.c:23350 handle_response_register: Failed to authenticate on REGISTER to ‘[email protected]’ (Tries 3)

Ok so thats the error I receive all day long.

I have 2 sip trunks setup.

C15_Caledonia which has my outbound caller ID setup (507864####) and then Trunk Name siptrunk2 with all my peer details that i was given from my provider.

C15_Rushford which has my outbound caller ID setup (507725####) and then Trunk Name siptrunk1 with all my peer details that i was given from my provider.

Now my host for each trunk is the same URL
My Fromdomain is me and my IP Addres.

But i don’t have a register String for either trunk.

My provider is talking about trunk group settings on their end.

I guess i’m looking for how do you setup multiple trunks to go to the same provider with different area codes i know i can setup 1 trunk and then no caller id and extension caller id but it doesn’t look like my provider can bundle multiple possible LATA’s in one trunk.

So no response ?

I need to setup one more time as i have another PBX going out with 3 cities between them and different LATA’s.

[2015-08-31 08:16:41] NOTICE[2486]: chan_sip.c:15099 sip_reg_timeout: – Registration for ‘[email protected]’ timed out, trying again (Attempt #10385)

check with acecomgroup why.

Possibly because mn1.acecomgroup.net is not resolvable on the inner-tubes.

But I can ping mn1.acecomgroup.net from my PBX. They have a pseudowire setup between me and them running a private connection as they are my ISP also for this location.

Does anyone know what and/or how to declare the tgrp options for trunk groups in freepbx/asterisk?

It is a GenBand C15 that is providing the SIP Trunk.

We are troubleshooting one of two options.

A) Trunk Group declaration in the SIP contact
I can’t find anything in asterisk or freepbx on how to set that. I am told tgrp=SomethingHere but that doesnt do anything it just connects to 5060 and then since it is the same ip as my trunk1 all calls don’t go out trunk2 and goes to trunk1
B) Change the SIP Port to connect to the C15.
I’ve tried setting port=5061 in PEER Details and that shows me
siptrunk2 10.8.1.4 No No 5061 UNREACHABLE
Now if i wireshark this i see a sip register src 5060 dst 5061 but then i get an icmp unreachable which to me shows that the C15 is not listening on 5061 so i cannot register that port.

Is that even possible ???
Has anyone done this successfully ???
Am i going crazy ???
Should i just get a new sip provider for these second location ???
Is anyone watching these message boards ???

Thanks to anyone who can help i am going crazy trying to fix this.

I think SIP port 5061 has working but GenBand says there are changes that need to be made for my ISP to provide on that port.