Two inbound routes

Hi all, I am using freepbx with the last version. On the system an inbound route has been set to directly ring on an ring group which has 5 extension, so now I want to set another inbound route which will directly ring on a unique extension. … I do not know how to set up two inbound routes one ring on an ring groups and the other ring on an unique extension. Someone has an idea please. Look forward to your reply. Thanks all.

Hi!

I must be misreading something because what I think you are asking is very easy to do…

I guess it depends on how your first inbound route was set up but if each inbound route is assigned a DID number you just have to set the destination to the ring group for one and set the destination to the specific extension for the other…

ie something like

Description: First inbound route
DID Number: 1235551212
Set Destination: Ring Groups,

Description: Second inbound route
DID Number: 4565551212
Set Destination: Extensions,

The only thing I could see that could complexify this is if you used the fact that an inbound route with no DID number matches everything…

Does that answer your question?

Have a nice day!

Nick

Yes ! It’s exactly what I wanted to do. Listen I didn’t set up a DID number for inbound route, I have a E1 trunk with 15 lines and 2 GSMs, all inbound calls are routed, so now I know that I must set a DID number for each, I will do, but do you a way to set DID number for a E1 trunk ?
Thanks.
Have a nice day you too.
Look forward to your reply.

Hi!

Unfortunately I only use SIP trunks so I don’t know if there is anything specific to E1 trunks that you have to take into account.

That said, to me it looks like the inbound routes are hardware independent so it doesn’t look to me that the configuration of an inbound route it would be any different from a SIP trunk.

It sounds to me like your system is currently in Production so I would probably do something like this.

• Find a proper maintenance window during which you do not receive calls (or at least where the impact of bringing down your system (if it comes to this) is mininal).
  • Make a backup.
  • Create an inbound route identical (except for the description and destination) to the existing one which does not have a DID (I believe this is what you currently have) but put a DID number.

I would use here the DID you want to forward to a specific extension and would use that extension as destination.

If that extension is also used for the ring group I would also temporarily set the “CID name prefix” to something like "Test: " so that you can know that this new route was used to forward to that extension without having to check if the other phones which are part of that ring group were ringed as well…

• Call the DID you just created the route for and make sure it gets forwarded to the right destination.
  • Call any of the other DIDs (preferably you should eventually call all of them) your default route (the one with no DID) is used for to make sure things still work correctly.

If you are happy with the results you could create inbound routes for the other DIDs…

If things don’t work, RESTORE from your backup…

Please take this suggestion with a grain of salt as I have never used the kind of hardware you are using and with such a complex setup…

Good luck and have a nice day!

Nick

Generally you can arrange for your PRI to deliver only the LSD (least significant digits) commonly 3 or 4, it is up to you to choose, that way you can use the [from-did-direct] context for that trunk to map “one-to-one” the DID’s you purchased to the endpoints you design, be they conference rooms, ring groups, extensions , queues or other more esoteric devices.

Hi all, let’s say forget about the E1 line, because a user has a personal number which is not part of the E1 line, then that number has been set as a trunk on an Analogue card, so i connected that trunk on port 4 for example on the analogue card, as said Marbled i was setting a specific DID to let that Number ring on a specific extension, 7222 for example…

On connectivity tab >> DAHDI channel DID >> In channel field i put the exact port where the trunk is connected on the analogue card,
In the description field : Name
In the DID field : 123456789

I create another inbound route, then i put the same info :
Description : Name.
DID : 123456789
Destination : Extension 7222.

It does’nt ring at this extension, goes on a Ring groups

Please be aware that two inbound routes have been set : The first one i leave it with any DID / CID. which ring on a Ring group.

The second : I set a DID as i described abocve, but when users calling on that DID call is routed on the ring group.
I missed something,please someone help me…

Look forward to your reply…
Thanks.

To ensure your programming, that the calls go specifically where you want them to, first delete your “catchall” inbound route and explicitly add all the DID’s you have with the destinations you want each to go to.

Hi!

I am only using DAHDI for my FXS’s so I cannot confirm whether what you did is ok or not…

Is it possible that you mistyped or provided a somewhat incomplete DID in your route?

When you look at your CDR reports, what DID did it report when you made your test call which was not routed to the right route? Is it the same you typed in your new route?

The route with the DID should have precedence over the default route so there has to be something wrong with the DID provided…

Good luck and have a nice day!

Nick

Hi everybody !

I think i made a mistake, i was confused between group and channel, the analogue trunk has four ports and on the interface GUI shows port labeled as 32,33,34,35 . Port 35 is where the trunk is connected, i’ll create an DID channel with this info :
Channel :35 ,with 35 is where the trunk is connected (Port 35)
Description : Trunk Name.
DID : 123456789.
Correct me if i am wrong .
Thanks !

Hi!

I am sorry I can’t help you with this as I don’t have that kind of hardware…

Once your trunk is properly configure I am pretty sure you could, at least temporarily, create an inbound route specific for that DID and with a different destination that the default route and it should work.

I guess if something is messed up in the trunk configuration it could definitely cause routing problems after…

Good luck!

Nick