Two addresses for NAT

My sip trunk provider hands off the sip trunks on its own ethernet interface. This interface is restricted to only accessing these SIP trunks. I get a public IP for registering the SIP trunks. I also have external phones coming in on a different public IP.

The only way I could get this to work was to set the External Address to the public IP for the phones to come in on and directly connected the SIP trunk interface on the FreePBX system and add the network to the Local Networks list. I also had to set a static route so the SIP trunk registration would go over the correct interface.

Her is the rub… I am trying to move to virtualization. I am using KVM all works well, accept I can no longer attach the IP directly to the guest host. I can attach the IP to the main system but I can only assign a NAT address or another address on the same network to the guest host.

So I am trying to figure out how to assign a different external IP to provide to clients for a range of IP’s.

I also looked into using a SIP proxy. But this seemed very complicated. If anyone knows a simple sip proxy that will allow me to register my trunks and make them available to freepbx.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
-Mark

Hi,

You can try to use the Resiprocate proxy.

Thank you,

Daniel Friedman
Trixton LTD.