Trying to setup Polycom VVX 500

Hey everyone,
Im new to Freepbx and VOIP and im trying to set up my Polycom VVX500. I got the phone working for the most part the main problem im having right now is on the LCD touch screen there is a envelope in the upper left corner of the screen. normally if you were to click this it would dial your VM. I can not get the phone to do this. When i press the button it dials the extinction number (2203) and the phone rings, but i never get the option to get my VM.

If i call *97 i can get it and i programed a button that called Check VM and it works i just have not figured out how to configure the envelope button or any of the other buttons on the LCD screen. I think they are called Enhanced Feature Keys / EFK (i think)

Can some one point me in the right direction.

I have only low-end (non-touch) Polys. But try changing in sip-interop.cfg (or what it’s called on your system)
msg.mwi.1.callBack=""
to
msg.mwi.1.callBack="*97"

Where do i find sip-interop.cfg?

I think i found it. I went to utilities > back up and restore and then downloaded the file and opend it in notepad++ and added that line of code. but it did not work.

Sorry, I found another change that may be relevant.

This should not be a line to add, but only inserting 3 characters into an existing line.

Likewise, change
up.oneTouchVoiceMail="0"
to
up.oneTouchVoiceMail="1"

Then reboot the phone.

If you still have trouble, check log to see whether the phone is loading the modified config files.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.