Trying out Zulu, have one issue

Hey all,

I am able to sign into Zulu just fine, all seems fine. I can dial a desk phone or vice versa, but when I go to answer it, Zulu starts saying connecting… and thats it.

I have 10000:20000 open for UDP, and 8002 for TCP. I did this in my pfSense firewall, then on the freePBX, I went into firewall services tab, and made sure Zulu is Internet, and SIP is internet (I know about 5060/5061 being a bad idea, i have that closed on pfSense).

Also, not sure if it is related or not, but if I try to make a call from UC, it says “There was an error. See the console log for more details.”

Help!

Did you do that? The /var/log/asterisk/full should have some details.

Hi @ledoktre
Could you pls give us more details about your issue and for more easy understand you can attach screenshot.
Q: Which Zulu Module you are using ?
Q: Where and which Zulu Apps your are seeing this issue ? ( Zulu Mobile or Desktop )
Q: Which version app Mobile and Desktop you are using ?

Also you can try to use if not setup STUN Server on your PBX. You can try to activate and try it.

And you can activate OPUS Codecs on your PBX.

Thanks.

Shahin

The logs were for some reason, empty. I will have to google and try to find out why that is.

It says v15.0.58.9, from stable release.

Q: Where and which Zulu Apps your are seeing this issue ? ( Zulu Mobile or Desktop )

I haven’t tried the mobile version yet - I was on my desktop, macOS 10.15.5

Q: Which version app Mobile and Desktop you are using ?

It was the latest one available as of yesterday. The app shows: v3.5.2+215

And you can activate OPUS Codecs on your PBX.

I did have OPUS enabled. My SIP provider supports it, and I am making an effort to use it.

Also you can try to use if not setup STUN Server on your PBX. You can try to activate and try it.

You know, I thought about if this could be the issue. I thought, Zulu is only supposed to use 10000:20000 for RTP, so it shouldn’t be the problem, but worth a try? I had enabled “Sangoma STUN” and “Sangoma TURN” in the Zulu tab of the group preferences for this user. It didn’t make any difference for whatever reason, so last night before I shut down I turned them off.

I did however navigate to the page you showed in your screen shot (thank you @shahin ), and it showed a link to a list of public STUN servers. I saw the one you listed was first on the list, so I put it in, and HOT DANG, it works now. Go figure!!!

Thank you, Zulu is good now, I just need to figure out why I can’t dial in UCP.

For UCP access check User Management --> Groups --> UCP Tab --> Phone Enable to --> YES

50%20AM
I actually do have it already set to yes.

Zulu does not support opus codec ATM, but it will take the next code configured (in the order assuming opus is the first on the list).

Thanks @avelasquez
Good to see some new improvement :slight_smile:
All the best

Shahin

Thanks for the replies.

I am working on trying to figure out the connectivity issues today with Zulu. Im not sure where to begin, but Im coming the forums here in hopes if figuring it out.

Right now, no matter if you dial an internal extension or an external number, it just says “Connecting…” when you try to use it.

I do not have stun filled in at the moment. It didnt seem to make any lasting difference, or shall I say consistent.

Any tips to work through this would be fantastic and much appreciated. I can attest I very clearly have 10000:20000 forwarded through pfSense to FreePBX, and FreePBX has those ports open. I also have the Zulu TCP port 8002 open.

I did read somewhere that everything is proxied through 8002 and that Zulu doesnt even use 10000:20000 but not sure if I understood that correctly or not.

Thanks

Hey if anyone here sees this message, I could use a hand. I have not figured this out, sighs.

Can you monitor the network firewall to see where it is getting blocked? Do you see the Zulu client reaching the PBX in the logs?

i did figure this out. ended up going through sangoma support and up about 3 ladders. but we got it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.