Trunk setup to accept an inbound registration?

Is there a way I can set up a trunk so that another PBX we have here can register to it? I want to use it kind of like a makeshift gateway device to the other PBX. Unfortunately, the other PBX will only take registrations and not passwordless peers.

I see when you define the trunk you can enter a registration string, but I believe that’s only for outbound registrations. What about inbound registrations like how I am trying to set up?

Why register? Just use IP or FQDN and FreePBX auto sets up the firewall to allow that IP.

I got it to work by just setting up the client as a SIP extension and having it register to that. Seems to be working great. Thanks for the other suggestion though. The problem was this client PBX is proprietary and “unfinished” - it can only handle registration-based connections.

Of course. Set up a pjsip trunk with Registration: Receive. If for some reason you must use chan_sip, leave the register string blank and specify
host=dynamic
in the Peer Details.

For most applications, this is not an optimal solution, because caller ID and certain other metadata will not pass through such a connection.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.